DAT score thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bwc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here was my score breakdown:

Perceptual Ability: 20
Quantitative Reasoning: 28
Reading Comprehension: 26
Biology: 18
General Chemistry: 23
Organic Chemistry: 21
Total Science: 20
Academic Average: 23

I know that my overall score isn't bad, but my bio section is a bit in the grey area. What are your thoughts on that issue?

My overall GPA is a roughly 3.65, my science GPA is a hair under 3.6, and my BCP GPA is a hair under 3.5.

Members don't see this ad.

You are good. An 18 in bio won't be a problem especially with your AA and gpa. Just to give you an example I have a 17 QR and I have gotten interview.

I have an 18 bio and got interviews from Columbia and penn! Don’t feel discouraged. You have a great overall score & scores in individual sections.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your scores are great overall - the 18 in bio isn't fantastic but the rest of the scores should more than make up for it and I don't think 18 will cause a cutoff issue.

My target school is University of Michigan, since I am a Michigan resident (hence, this option would be financially best for me).

Don't sweat that 18 bio score. You have a really good AA. You're good to go.

Reactions: 1 user
I have almost the exact same breakdown (high everything else, low bio /19) and received plenty of interviews this cycle. Just be sure to apply broad and you'll be great.