DAT score update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anca

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys
I just wonder if i have to update my DAT score in my application
i have submitted on 7/12 and mailed out on 7/24
i took my DAT on 7/20 so i just wrote i would take DAT in July when i submitted my application
i have sent my DAT score to all dental schools
do i still have to update in my application? or is it ok to leave it?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i have sent my DAT score to all dental schools
do i still have to update in my application? or is it ok to leave it?

Leave it. You have already sent out official scores from ADA. What YOU input in AADSAS application is not relevant anymore.

I updated my scores and the schools will get an updated electronic copy of the changes you made (DAT scores). Although the schools already got my AADSAS app like over a month ago in the first mailing, they will get access to an electronic updated copy with DAT score updates before the ADA sends them the DAT scores. Yes you do need to have your official DAT scores sent in to the schools, but it's a quick way for them to have something to look at in the meantime since many schools don't accept faxed copies of the scores. Will it do anything to speed up the process? who knows. But I feel that my app is more complete now and my DAT scores are following up.

It's up to you if you want to update. If they have the first mailing AADSAS then you should be fine and the DAT scores will follow.