DAT SCORE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluewolf101

Reaction score
I took my DAT exam today and got these scores attached below. I’m not upset nor happy about my AA bc it’s not too bad. However, I am pretty upset about my bio score (16). Should I retake the exam? My other stats include:

GPA: 3.7
Student-athlete
On pre-dental society exec board
Volunteer for school club
400 volunteer hours
180 shadowing hours

IMG_6092.jpeg

Please let me know what you all think.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I took my DAT exam today and got these scores attached below. I’m not upset nor happy about my AA bc it’s not too bad. However, I am pretty upset about my bio score (16). Should I retake the exam? My other stats include:

GPA: 3.7
Student-athlete
On pre-dental society exec board
Volunteer for school club
400 volunteer hours
180 shadowing hours

View attachment 383854

Please let me know what you all think.
Your strong GPA is definitely an asset. While a 16 in Biology is somewhat below average and depends on the school if a retake will be necessary. Your overall scores may be acceptable for certain dental schools though not all of them. It's advisable to reach out to the schools you are interested in for clarification to avoid spending time and resources on applications that may not result in acceptance.

Hope that helps

Wishing you the best

Nancy, Destroyers

Reactions: 1 user
Everything else is solid except Bio and Ochem. If time permits you can try to retake - or just roll the dice and see what happens. Bad thing about retakes is you may end up with lower scores in other areas. Worst case, you get rejected, do a post bacc and get into dental school that way.

However, with current dental school tuition costs - it’s not worth it. Lots of other better fields out there with lower student loans and higher pay.