DAT score!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m280

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I 've done my exam and I got
PAT:18
DAT:17
GPA:3.4

Do you think is there any chance for me to get into the program???!:(

Members don't see this ad.

Do you think is there any chance for me to get into the program???!:(

What program? Your Gpa is average and your dat scores are slightly below average I would think that you definitely have a chance of getting in somewhere. Good luck,

You'll have to provide more information if you want anyone's best guess, and it is a guess. Sci GPA? ECs? LORs? Individual DAT scores? If you AA is 17, chances are you had some individual sections lower than that, which might be a red flag in and of itself.

Yeah, give a detail breakdown of your DAT...I have similar scores but if i was you i will consider retaking..I am not retaking because i already took it three times..if you are going to apply with those scores you should try to increase your gpa...well, it will be towards my advantage if MANY applicants apply with low stats next year ...

Members don't see this ad :)
PAT :18
QR:16
RC:15
Bio:19
GChem:20
Ochem:14
TS:17
AA:17
the soonest time i can retake it , it gonna be jan 2013, in that case i will miss many deadlines!:(

the soonest time i can retake it , it gonna be jan 2013, in that case i will miss many deadlines!:(

I'm sorry but the 15 in RC and the 14 in Oc are going to be red flags for adcoms. Honestly, I don't think you have a shot for this cycle with those scores since my friends with 20's haven't even got interviews yet. Orgo isn't that hard on the DAT. You should purchase chad's videos and destroyer. For rc I suggest crack the dat reading. Good luck!

which universities i might get in with above scores ? it use to be there a link for universities average range of dat, pat get ins each year... is any one remember know the link i am talking about ?cuz i forgot its address!!

which universities i might get in with above scores ? it use to be there a link for universities average range of dat, pat get ins each year... is any one remember know the link i am talking about ?cuz i forgot its address!!

To be honest, your Oc, Rc, Qr all are low...i dont think you should apply this cycle..you should retake and apply next cycle. Maybe if only ONE of those scores was low..but three sections low 14, 15, 16 are terrible..you will get NO interviews..Now go cry and wake up tomorow to a new begining..Take it again and do better in all sections. i know of some schools that average is AA17 but if you CAN, take again..i applied before with low 14, 15,16 and got all rejections. I might even take it a fouth time..sorry to sound so harsh but i am the voice of experience we might say lol

With it being so late in the cycle and especially with the 14, 15, and 16, I don't think I would apply this year. The odds are just not in your favor and you'd be wasting your money. I know it really stinks, but a retake is an absolute must. Luckily, though, you've found an awesome source to help you with your preparation--there is such a wealth of knowledge to be found in breakdowns! Also, your GPA is average and would be okay with a DAT score to match, but keeping making As and get that bad boy even higher. Best of luck to you, and check out the "La Datelisse" thread if you want to see some really great breakdowns!

With it being so late in the cycle and especially with the 14, 15, and 16, I don't think I would apply this year. The odds are just not in your favor and you'd be wasting your money. I know it really stinks, but a retake is an absolute must. Luckily, though, you've found an awesome source to help you with your preparation--there is such a wealth of knowledge to be found in breakdowns! Also, your GPA is average and would be okay with a DAT score to match, but keeping making As and get that bad boy even higher. Best of luck to you, and check out the "La Datelisse" thread if you want to see some really great breakdowns!

thanks for your reply and it is a pleasure to having a help like you.
I am considering to retake that, the question is that how long before the deadline mention by the each universities would be late to apply. I mean It that OK if I take Date just two weeks before the dead line....I've talk to some of them in person and they told me it is ok if i send the date to them even 2 weeks after the deadline. but i dont know how much this is practical when it comes to competition and other factors....plz make it clear for me , is it better to apply with these grades now or or apply with higher grades close to deadline???!!

thanks for your reply and it is a pleasure to having a help like you.
I am considering to retake that, the question is that how long before the deadline mention by the each universities would be late to apply. I mean It that OK if I take Date just two weeks before the dead line....I've talk to some of them in person and they told me it is ok if i send the date to them even 2 weeks after the deadline. but i dont know how much this is practical when it comes to competition and other factors....plz make it clear for me , is it better to apply with these grades now or or apply with higher grades close to deadline???!!

Exactly. I don't think it's worth applying to schools near their application deadline. It sounds like you are trying to put together an application for this year and thinking of schools whose deadlines have not yet passed. Even though the schools say that applications are due by some date, the fact of the matter is that interview slots may have already been filled. There are some who say that RC is pretty important to dental schools and a 15 doesn't positively raise eyebrows.

My two cents: Save your money and don't apply this cycle. GPA is fine. Hit the books for the DAT (and maybe take a few practice exams so you feel comfortable taking the test). When you apply, apply closer to when the AADSAS portal opens rather than later.

Good luck

is there any way (source) that you can recommend me to improve the grade on reading section??!!!( English as a 2nd language)

is there any way (source) that you can recommend me to improve the grade on reading section??!!!( English as a 2nd language)