DAT Scores - 7/22/09

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

t00thache

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Here are my DAT scores from today:
PAT-17 (low but it's pretty much what I expected)
QR-29 (Math is a strong point for me)
RC-25 (I am shocked, I've never scored that highly on RC before, but I got really easy passages on alligators/crocodiles, pathogenic fungi, and the sense of vision).
Bio-23
GC-23
OC-26
TS-23
AA-25

I have yet to apply but I'm hoping to get my apps in by the end of August. I have a 3.97 cGPA and 4.0 sGPA and research and tutoring experience. I feel like the only thing that's holding me back is my low PAT score and my somewhat late app. What do you guys think are my chances of getting into UCSF, UCLA, or UoP?

Thanks again, and I'm excited to be here! :)

Members don't see this ad.

awesome scores!! good for you man :)

btw.. I expect you will be bombarded with questions about math since majority of SDN members submit rather low scores for that section... it is sort of becoming a community complaint.. lol

wow great scores!

may i ask what your practice test scores were like?

Congrats! What about that math. What is the most reprentative? What do we need to know?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. So do you think my PAT score is okay? I think it's really low, especially when you look at the "entire package." I shudder to think what my dad's going to say when I tell him...:scared:

As for the math, I just read the entire math section of the Kaplan Blue Book and did a bunch of practice tests from the Kaplan Blue Book and the Barrons DAT review book. I never scored a 29 before on the math though in any of my practice tests, I was really shocked!!! But not really as much as the RC score because I never got higher than a 21 on RC practice tests and to go from 21 to 25 is really a great leap....

My Bio, GChem, and OChem scores were all lower on the Kaplan and Topscore practice exams. In fact, I got an 18 on Topscore Bio yesterday and was freaking out, but I guess today's exam was really easy. I'm sure the PAT section was really easy too but I am just hopeless at that sort of stuff and I kind of freaked out when I saw how hard the hole punching really is on the real DAT. My practice scores for PAT were 18 and 19 on the two Topscore tests I took so I was hoping for at least an 18 but at least I didn't get a 16!

My advice for QR is to read the entire section of the Kaplan Blue Book because they offer a lot of helpful "tricks" and tips, then take a practice exam and look at the type of question of each one you got wrong (or got lucky on when you guessed) and then do a bunch of problems on that "type" of question again. For example, if you miss all the trig questions, just go find a trig worksheet online and do a thousand million trig problems until you can get them all right in under a minute. But then again, some people are just naturally stronger at math, and also it depends on the difficulty level of the actual exam. I totally did not find today's DAT difficult at all, except for PAT, which is my known weak point.

I just hope my low PAT score doesn't stop me from getting into UCSF of UCLA :(

I would think you will be fine, those are really high scores. I have trouble with PAT too, I question the validity of that test. I land airplanes at night in the fog, do complex mechanic work, electrical work, manage a golf course and build golf course putting greens. I have never had any kind of trouble perceptually understanding things or how they are put together, but these exams seem a bit tricky.

I would think you will be fine, those are really high scores. I have trouble with PAT too, I question the validity of that test. I land airplanes at night in the fog, do complex mechanic work, electrical work, manage a golf course and build golf course putting greens. I have never had any kind of trouble perceptually understanding things or how they are put together, but these exams seem a bit tricky.

lol.... I started to read your list of activities and wondered if assembly of nuclear plant or something like that won't be listed as a next item ;)

man, you do sound like you should score a solid 30 on the PAT ..

Hi Murl, thanks for the reassurance. I agree that the PAT seems unnecessarily tricky at times. What kind of tooth can have THAT many curves/angles/etc? I also don't understand the point of cube counting and pattern folding when it comes to looking at teeth but whatever.

I wish I had better advice to give you on the math section but I'm sorry to say that I don't. I've just always been good at doing math fast and my practice scores on all the previous tests I took were always really high (21+) but, of course, never a 29. I think I just lucked out and got a very easy version of the test but could not really capitalize on the PAT section. Oh, well.

Hi guys,
Here are my DAT scores from today:
PAT-17 (low but it's pretty much what I expected)
QR-29 (Math is a strong point for me)
RC-25 (I am shocked, I've never scored that highly on RC before, but I got really easy passages on alligators/crocodiles, pathogenic fungi, and the sense of vision).
Bio-23
GC-23
OC-26
TS-23
AA-25

I have yet to apply but I'm hoping to get my apps in by the end of August. I have a 3.97 cGPA and 4.0 sGPA and research and tutoring experience. I feel like the only thing that's holding me back is my low PAT score and my somewhat late app. What do you guys think are my chances of getting into UCSF, UCLA, or UoP?

Thanks again, and I'm excited to be here! :)

wow, are you Doc toothache's junior?

I want to have your version for my DAT

Let me know how your app turns out. I would be interested to see what adcoms say about your pat, but I think as high as your other sections are you should be fine.