DAT Scores, apply or retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baba1999

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I recently took my DAT and wanted a few opinions about my scores. I am not sure if these are "good enough" to apply with? Or if I should consider a retake?
My score breakdown is as follows:

BIO 17
GC 18
OC 21
PA 18
RC 28
QR 19
TS 19
AA 21

I also have a 3.8 GPA and many extracurriculars/ clinical experience/ shadowing hours. I am mainly applying to AZ, CO, CA, TX schools. What should I do?
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

I recently took my DAT and wanted a few opinions about my scores. I am not sure if these are "good enough" to apply with? Or if I should consider a retake?

BIO 17
GC 18
OC 21
PA 18
RC 28
QR 19
TS 19
AA 21

I also have a 3.8 GPA and many extracurriculars/ clinical experience/ shadowing hours. I am mainly applying to AZ, CO, CA, TX schools. What should I do?
Thanks in advance!
Would be insane to retake. This is a phenomenal score, and more than competitive with that gpa. Apply early next cycle, you will do amazing. I don't care what anyone says, do not retake.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone!

BIO 17
GC 18
OC 21
PA 18
RC 28
QR 19
TS 19
AA 21

Thanks in advance!
Your DAT scores are consistent with nothing low or below cutoffs and the 28 in reading is huge, dental school like to see that. If you have concerns it is always best to contact the schools. Your high GPA is a huge plus too.

Wishing you the best...Nancy, co/owner, DAT Destroyer

Hi everyone!

BIO 17
GC 18
OC 21
PA 18
RC 28
QR 19
TS 19
AA 21

Thanks in advance!
Your Bio and GC are not great but I think your GPA and AA will certainly work in your favor, also many people have gotten in with a TS of 19 so I think it'd be worth it to apply - best of luck :)