DAT Scores compared with the Practice Exams???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mayo123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:( Hey everyone, I know a lot of people have posted practice exam scores before, but I was just wondering how those of you who took the DAT felt that your scores compared to the practice exams that you took. Sorry for starting a new thread, but I'm new to SDN and I wasn't sure where else to post this :)

Here's the scores for the second TopScore exam:

AA: 19
Bio: 21
Gen Chem: 18
Organic: 18
PAT: 19
QR: 18
RC: 19
TS: 19

I'd love your feedback on these scores and any advice on how to improve on perceptual ability. That score keeps fluctuating. On my first topscore I got a 17, on this second one I got a 19, and on my first "Ace the DAT" practice, I got a 15...so I'm a little worried . Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

just took the dat yesterday...

topscore scores:
BIO 17
GChem 16-17
Ochem 17
Pat 22-23
RC 20-21
QR 22-23

Real DAT scores:
Bio 18
Gchem 18
Ochem 20
PAT 22
RC 18
QR 18

i personally thought the real test was hard in everything but OC....good luck

Ok, so you are not the only one who wonders this. I was in your same boat. I took the DAT yesterday and thought it was similar to topscore. The OCHEM was easier... but overall it was similar in difficulty. PAT is harder on the real DAT (ANGLES). Reading comprehension is harder on the real DAT as well. Not too much harder... but different questions (tone of the passage). To improve on the PAT i would say practice, practice, practice. I found the real DAT asked for more detail than I was expecting.

Thanks for the advice...what materials do you suggest for practice on the PAT. The angles are really easy on the Kaplan practice and even on topscore. I bought "Ace the DAT" online and those angles are REALLY hard...how do you tell the difference in 1-2 degrees?? It just seems like you have to go with your gut

Members don't see this ad :)
i only used kaplan and topscore for pat...so i dont know the other ones

natroncb said:
Ok, so you are not the only one who wonders this. I was in your same boat. I took the DAT yesterday and thought it was similar to topscore. The OCHEM was easier... but overall it was similar in difficulty. PAT is harder on the real DAT (ANGLES). Reading comprehension is harder on the real DAT as well. Not too much harder... but different questions (tone of the passage). To improve on the PAT i would say practice, practice, practice. I found the real DAT asked for more detail than I was expecting.

not to be rude or anything, but how did you end up doing? if you don't mind.

i was getting 20/20/21 on the kaplan tests, and got 22/22/17 on the real thing....as far as difficulty, i thought they were similar -- even the PAT. The only part of the PAT that i thought was noticably harder was the angle rankings, but based on my score, i either totally bombed the angles, or it really was overall harder and i just didnt notice it while i was taking it.