Quantcast

DAT scores competitive enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SSktm

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I took my DAT today and my scores were:

PAT-23
BIO-22
GCHEM-22
OCHEM-26
RC-18
QR-17
TS- 23
AA-21

my GPA is around 3.8

I have applied to only Texas schools. Any suggestions? Do you guys think these scores are competitive enough or will the QR and RC scores hold me back? Should I be applying out of state as well

wwdentist

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my DAT today and my scores were:

PAT-23
BIO-22
GCHEM-22
OCHEM-26
RC-18
QR-17
TS- 23
AA-21

my GPA is around 3.8

I have applied to only Texas schools. Any suggestions? Do you guys think these scores are competitive enough or will the QR and RC scores hold me back? Should I be applying out of state as well
You have some pretty solid scores as far as the sciences and PAT! The lower scores in QR, and especially reading, won’t do you any favors though. For that reason I would definitely apply OOS if you aren’t satisfied with the idea of taking a gap year. I’m not super familiar with the competitiveness of the Texas schools, but I’d say you still have a chance of getting into one with those science scores, GPA, and a well rounded app. I’m not sure how the timing of your submission will effect your chances, especially with the Texas portal opening before AADSAS.

SSktm

Reaction score
You have some pretty solid scores as far as the sciences and PAT! The lower scores in QR, and especially reading, won’t do you any favors though. For that reason I would definitely apply OOS if you aren’t satisfied with the idea of taking a gap year. I’m not super familiar with the competitiveness of the Texas schools, but I’d say you still have a chance of getting into one with those science scores, GPA, and a well rounded app. I’m not sure how the timing of your submission will effect your chances, especially with the Texas portal opening before AADSAS.

Thank you! I might think about applying OOS as well.

D

deleted678432

These are good scores! I’d definitely apply OOS. You’re probably safe, but it’s better to spend an extra $400 or so applying to more schools than taking a gap year if you don’t get accepted.

Reactions: 1 user