DAT scores sent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predent1771

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my DAT on July 27. Does anyone have any idea of when the schools might get my scores or if you took your DAT at a similar time when your scores were received? Most of the schools I applied to are saying they are waiting for my scores!

thanks for your responses! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Same here, I took mine on July 25th. There was a thread that a while back that said they update these on Wednesdays (2 wednesdays, not counting the week you took it). So I think tomorrow may be our day? Anyone else like to confirm?

took mine July 28th, it's the only thing missing on my application as well. They sure take their sweet time sending scores when it's all electronic. Do you guys know who I can call and hustle? ADA or AADSAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
took mine July 28th, it's the only thing missing on my application as well. They sure take their sweet time sending scores when it's all electronic. Do you guys know who I can call and hustle? ADA or AADSAS?

I think the ADA are the ones who take forever to release the scores to AADSAS. Then AADSAS uploads them in a few days.

I also took mine on July 28. I keep checking and hoping that the scores get posted. It is the only think my application is lacking.

Keep us posted when your scores are sent. Let's hope for tomorrow!

Thanks for the responses everyone! Glad I'm not the only one in this position! Good luck with your apps, hopefully we'll start getting those interviews once our scores are in! :thumbup:

I don't think the problem is a delay in release, it is a delay in verification of your scores. It takes a little bit after you take it to verify them, then they are sent out. That would be my guess.

For all you july 28th test takers, would you consider your app early/normal/late in the cycle? My july 28th dat is the only thing i'm waiting on (also app has yet to be mailed)

For your info, here are my dates... I hope it answers some of your time line questions. (though i should note the updates on AADSAS showed up a day or 2 after the received/sent dates)

App complete and sent in the second batch: July 4th 2011
DAT: July 15th 2011
AADSAS received: July 27th 2011
AADSAS sent to schools: July 29th 2011
First interview invite: August 8th 2011 (CASE)

So expect 2 weeks before AADSAS receives your scores, and then expect them to be sent out the following batch. With schools like CASE who have been handing out interviews already you could hear within 10 days after that, though i was not expecting anything until late August.

good luck

Last edited:
Yay, thanks for that timeline! Very helpful, hopefully they get my scores soon since today marks 2 weeks since I finishe that whole DAT ordeal!

As far as being early, normal late etc I still consider my app early. I sent my application June 6 and went out I'm the second batch. I have spoken to some adcom and they told me they review applications in the order received once complete. So basically once my scores are in they will review it before new complete applications come in, if that makes sense! My goal has always been to have the app and supplementals all in by the end of august and that I would hope that's early enough!

Today is the second Wednesday, still no cigar. Looks like I'll miss the first round of interviews invites for half the schools. Anyone tried calling AADSAS and see wuzzup?

Just called AADSAS, and they said they don't have the scores yet. They directed me to the ADA. After getting transferred twice (and listening to a lengthy, and quite annoying greeting- telling me how to use their website) I left a message for the person supposedly responsible for DAT reports.

This is like dealing with the IRS (or most other govt. agencies for that matter). :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat - took the DAT July 30, so this is the second Wednesday from test day. I'm wondering if they won't show that scores have been received until the end of the business day. I noticed last night that my AADSAS status for Kentucky was changed from 'Waiting for information' to 'Received/under review' and was hoping that my scores were in and just not posted yet.

I'm in the same boat - took the DAT July 30, so this is the second Wednesday from test day. I'm wondering if they won't show that scores have been received until the end of the business day. I noticed last night that my AADSAS status for Kentucky was changed from 'Waiting for information' to 'Received/under review' and was hoping that my scores were in and just not posted yet.

I read somewhere that your scores will be available to schools electronically a few days after you take it. Maybe Kentucky took the initiative to look for your DAT scores?

For those of you who took your DAT around late July, I think AADSAS has updated the website. I took mine on 07/26/2011, it says received 08/10/2011. Don't know what's the date for the next batch, but probably it's gonna be sent soon.

update: took test 7/28 , scores just uploaded

Date Taken Date Received 07/28/2011 08/10/2011

update: took test 7/28 , scores just uploaded

Date Taken Date Received 07/28/2011 08/10/2011

thanks! I took mine on 7/28 as well, it finally just updated. Do you guys think the scores will be sent out to schools this Friday?

I emailed the ADA last week and they said that since scores are processed electronically once AADSAS receives them, it will happen fairly fast. They didn't give me a definite time frame, but they said no longer than a week.

my scores being received has no correlation to when my application will be mailed, correct? Is the timeline for the mailing solely based on when i e-submitted?

my scores are in too! took the DAT july 30 and scores were submitted last night! good luck everyone with interviews!

I took my DATs the 25th. Although my DAT scores have not yet been sent out, I received an interview from nova. They had a place on the secondary that had me list my scores. So I guess they took my word for them, and will verify later. I heard some schools take a faxed copy of your unofficial scores. I would call the school and see if they take unofficial scores.

Took the DAT July 27.
Scores loaded to AADSAS august 10.
Just spoke to them and they will not be sent out until AUGUST 19!!!!!! :mad: Annoying to say the least!!!!! 8 days to finish these supplementals I guess!!!

Good luck all!!

Took the DAT July 27.
Scores loaded to AADSAS august 10.
Just spoke to them and they will not be sent out until AUGUST 19!!!!!! :mad: Annoying to say the least!!!!! 8 days to finish these supplementals I guess!!!

Good luck all!!

So Aug 19th is the next mailing date? that sucks lol As we see from the other thread about the first point of contact for interviews, most interviews contact you in the last two weeks of Aug. Hopefully we can still be reviewed and get invited for sept/oct interviews. And yes, good luck to all!!!

not really sure how believable the august 19 thing is. a previous poster here yesterday mentioned that he called AADSAS about scores being received yesterday and was told that they had not received them, which was obviously false. i'm willing to believe they will be mailed out with the batch tomorrow.

DAT Taken 7/28
Score received 8/10

I just saw a mailing date of 8/12

fantastic.

took on 7/26 they recieved it 8/10 .....i verified my scores with them. AND they told me school see the scores online INSTANTLY. they send it out later though

I took the DATs on 7/27, received on 8/10, mailing date 8/12!

i also have the 8/12 mailing date with my new DAT scores, but does everyone else's say 'Not Mailed'?

i also have the 8/12 mailing date with my new DAT scores, but does everyone else's say 'Not Mailed'?

Correct, mine says "not mailed" as well. I'm sure that's because it isn't officially mailed yet.

Correct, mine says "not mailed" as well. I'm sure that's because it isn't officially mailed yet.

but there's no way for the people who had their stuff submitted long time ago to see any mailing dates, right?

good to hear that the mailing date is earlier tho (08/12), and not 08/19. Hopefully it will get sent tomorrow.

Can you guys update this post when it says mailed?

but there's no way for the people who had their stuff submitted long time ago to see any mailing dates, right?

good to hear that the mailing date is earlier tho (08/12), and not 08/19. Hopefully it will get sent tomorrow.

Can you guys update this post when it says mailed?

I'll update tomorrow. Check out the "dental school designations tab."

So Aug 19th is the next mailing date? that sucks lol As we see from the other thread about the first point of contact for interviews, most interviews contact you in the last two weeks of Aug. Hopefully we can still be reviewed and get invited for sept/oct interviews. And yes, good luck to all!!!

Ya this lady DEFINITELY lied to me!:mad::mad::mad: now my scores say they will be mailed today! What are we paying all this money to aadsas for if they cant give remotely correct information!! pretty sure they might be just messing with us because they know how crazy worried we are!

well back to scrambling to finish these supplementals! Need to mail them today if my scores are being mailed today! :bang::bang:

does anyone happen to know the next received date? Seems like many had gotten the 8/10 received date.. wondering when the next one is..........

does anyone happen to know the next received date? Seems like many had gotten the 8/10 received date.. wondering when the next one is..........

i believe i read somewhere on here that the score updates are done every wednesday, so the next one would be 8/17 if that is true

Anyone with an August 1st DAT had anything uploaded/received yet?

Just checked again after 12am CST and AADSAS has updated my Official Scores section.

Newest update = Date Taken: 08/04/2011 Date Recieved:08/17/2011

1. When do we know when the official scores have been received by dental schools?
2. Is it smart to email the admissions offices stating the new DAT scores are available to download?

(Sorry for all the questions, most of schools I applied to have been waiting on these new scores for a few weeks now since everything else in my app is complete.)

Last edited:
Just checked again after 12am CST and AADSAS has updated my Official Scores section.

Newest update = Date Taken: 08/04/2011 Date Recieved:08/17/2011

1. When do we know when the official scores have been received by dental schools?
2. Is it smart to email the admissions offices stating the new DAT scores are available to download?

(Sorry for all the questions, most of schools I applied to have been waiting on these new scores for a few weeks now since everything else in my app is complete.)

1. I am pretty sure they will get mailed on Friday (8/19)
2. Probably not worth the effort since Friday is so close.