DAT scores this cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dslaich

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think that admissions committees are going to be more lenient on DAT scores for this cycle? I take my exam on June 27th, and I don’t feel like I am as prepared as I should be. This is due to the fact that I am back at home with my family where there are a lot of distractions that can’t be prevented.

Members don't see this ad.

I kind of doubt it. If you had trouble getting a date to take the exam due to COVID, I could see them making an exception for that, but not being able to study well enough due to COVID, I’m pretty sure they won’t go for that. So if you’re scoring well below 20-21’s on the practice exams, you may consider postponing a month and taking a little more time to study to be on the safe side, unless the rest of your app is stellar and think you can get away with 19-20’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The DAT scores this cycle seem higher than usual in fact. Lots of people getting 25AA+ maybe because Covid gave them more time to study who knows

It could also be confirmation bias

The DAT scores this cycle seem higher than usual in fact. Lots of people getting 25AA+ maybe because Covid gave them more time to study who knows

It could also be confirmation bias
I'm also curious how application volume has been affected by COVID-19. My AADSAS app was verified 3 days after the last of my transcripts was received; I expected 2-4 weeks. Or maybe it is just because I submitted early. Who knows.

Does anyone think that admissions committees are going to be more lenient on DAT scores for this cycle? I take my exam on June 27th, and I don’t feel like I am as prepared as I should be. This is due to the fact that I am back at home with my family where there are a lot of distractions that can’t be prevented.

That feeling is normal. You will always feel like you aren't prepared as much as you should be because the exam is very daunting. Take a look at your practice scores and if you see you're scoring less than 19 on average in any section then reschedule. Best of luck!

xoxo