DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mconiam

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the DAT and scored
PAT 20
QR 19
RC 22
BIO 16
GChem 17
OChem 16
TS 17
AA 18

I know my TS score is pretty low. It seems like everything I focused on in those sections did not appear on the DAT. My GPA is a 3.7 with an sGPA of 3.45. I have 200 hours of shadowing and plenty of leadership positions and community service hours. I'm planning on retaking the DAT but am wondering if these scores would be good enough to get accepted to any of the Texas or west coast dental schools. Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

You should retake. You're sGPA and DAT are both below average.

I don't want to say you have no chance of acceptance, but you're chances are definitely diminished.

Yeah that is what I was thinking too. Do you have any recommendations on what I should use to study for Bio, GChem and OChem?

For GC I am using Chad's videos/ quizzes, Destroyer, and then testing all of my knowledge with Bootcamp/QVault. I would recommend the same for OC. I am still studying for Bio, but so far I have read Cliff's and Barron's and I am in the middle of going through Destroyer and reading through Feralis' notes. I have heard QVault is excellent practice so I will be using that as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should retake. You're sGPA and DAT are both below average.

I don't want to say you have no chance of acceptance, but you're chances are definitely diminished.

Agree he'd definitely have to retake, but wouldn't 3.45 sGPA be pretty much average?

That may be average among applicants, but I believe most accepted students are ~3.6 sGPA.

Then again I could be mistaken.