DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaljunkie1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my DAT and I didn't do so hot :( Will i be able to get into a dental school??

My stats are: 3.46 overall gpa, 3.41 SGpa
My dat scores are: 19 pat, 21 QR, 16 RC :(, 22 bio, 21 Orgo, 20 Gen chem

Members don't see this ad.

What's your AA/TS?
scores are actually not that bad. Sure RC is low but you got good science scores and that matters for something

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
And I know but i heard schools heavily favor reading. It's just disheartening not being able to do well on reading due to not being in the country for long.

AA is average. TS is good1 I'd say apply broadly and you have a good chance depending on rest of application

Schools may like one section but one section will not likely keep you out of dental school if you have a strong overall application. Make sure u work on Ps, have good recommendations, put. Effort and time into writing and eanorsting on experiences (hopefully you have the big ones like research or community work or whatever you're passionate about ultimately )

That gives me some hope! And yeah I have done research, shadowing and a mission trip! Thanks for that!!

Reading comprehension in my opinion is a totally different subject only because it requires you to speed read and be able to comprehend. I have always had trouble with reading comprehension, honestly.

Reactions: 1 users
Reading comprehension in my opinion is a totally different subject only because it requires you to speed read and be able to comprehend. I have always had trouble with reading comprehension, honestly.

I think some schools value RC because of the state board exams. But keep you head up!

did you have an excellent AA and TS? @Life of Pablo
21 AA 23 TS

Also I agree with you on reading comprehension. It's BS. I can read and comprehend science but as soon as you force me to speed read, I start thinking about how fast I'm reading and not the information itself.

Also, half the people who score well on RC use search and destroy. Aka they're not actually reading. Unfortunately that method didn't work for me :(

Last edited:
I just took my DAT and I didn't do so hot :( Will i be able to get into a dental school??

My stats are: 3.46 overall gpa, 3.41 SGpa
My dat scores are: 19 pat, 21 QR, 16 RC :(, 22 bio, 21 Orgo, 20 Gen chem

If I were your position, I'd apply normally this year and hope for the best. You're total score is good.

That said, study and retake the test before next June 1, just in case.