DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

H to the Izzy

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looking for some input...
Should I apply with these scores this cycle with a 3.3gpa lots of research and dental experience??
AA 17
PA 16
RC 19
Math 14
Bio 19
Ochem 17
Gen. 18
TS 18
I am torn between applying and holding off for a year...perhaps, I should try again?
 
I would apply (to a select number of schools..the traditionally less competitive ones), and if you don't get in, I would apply next year too. It's worth it financially in the long run, if you can get into this cycle.
 
ems5184 said:
which ones are considered "traditionally less competitive"

The honest truth to this is I don't really know. I suggest getting one of those dental school guide books and looking at the incoming GPA/DAT score averages and making a determination. Also account for some state schools only taking in-state candidates. Then you have your list. There are also threads out there on this, if I recall correctly. It seems to me that there are enough folks out there who have a 3.3 GPA and 17AA and get into dental school, enough to warrant applying in this cycle. But to say which schools those are, I can't really provide an accurate answer.
 
I am in the midst of applying to NYU, Nova, BU, and Tufts. I think that these schools would provide someone with my kind of stats the best chance. I don't know what everyone else considers the traditionally "less competitive schools," but I think those four schools are suitable for me. Anyone else have anymore suggestions for schools with stats similar to mine?