DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seekojr

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some advice
Do I have a chance if I apply with
QR: 19
PA:19
RC:20
BIO:18
GC:16
OC:18

Members don't see this ad.

I need some advice
Do I have a chance if I apply with
QR: 19
PA:19
RC:20
BIO:18
GC:16
OC:18
A lot depends on where you are applying and your GPA, there is more to the application process than the DAT scores, that 16 in GC is a bit damaging but not below the cutoff score at more schools.

Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers

Reactions: 1 user
A lot depends on where you are applying and your GPA, there is more to the application process than the DAT scores, that 16 in GC is a bit damaging but not below the cutoff score at more schools.

Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers
Hey! thanks for feedback! my GPA 3.7 total and 3.3scienceGPA I also have 500 shadowing hours and I am in a few clubs if that helps!

Hey! thanks for feedback! my GPA 3.7 total and 3.3scienceGPA I also have 500 shadowing hours and I am in a few clubs if that helps!
Your GPA is ok, noting the lower science GPA, is that the reason you struggled in the GC section? I would contact the schools you are interested in and give them your stats so you know your chances for an interview and acceptance, best to know now than wasting time applying to schools that might not consider you. Would you consider retaking the DAT if necessary?

Whatever you decide I wish you the best, the DAT is not an easy exam.

Nancy

Members don't see this ad :)
Your GPA is ok, noting the lower science GPA, is that the reason you struggled in the GC section? I would contact the schools you are interested in and give them your stats so you know your chances for an interview and acceptance, best to know now than wasting time applying to schools that might not consider you. Would you consider retaking the DAT if necessary?

Whatever you decide I wish you the best, the DAT is not an easy exam.

Nancy
I would definitely consider retaking My plan was to apply and retake! but My original thought was I was wondering if I even had a chance with these scores?

I would definitely consider retaking My plan was to apply and retake! but My original thought was I was wondering if I even had a chance with these scores?
You definitely have a chance, but there is also a chance a retake might be required.

Wishing you the best, and if you have any more questions I am always happy to give my 2 cents.

Nancy

You definitely have a chance, but there is also a chance a retake might be required.

Wishing you the best, and if you have any more questions I am always happy to give my 2 cents.

Nancy
Hey Nancy,
I hope you're doing well I got 1 interview in Ohio but that's all. If I am to apply for this new cycle do you recommend I retake it first? ( I already started studying)

Hey Nancy,
I hope you're doing well I got 1 interview in Ohio but that's all. If I am to apply for this new cycle do you recommend I retake it first? ( I already started studying)
Sorry for the delay in responding. Congratulations, that is good news it only takes one acceptance to get into dental school and you have the interview. When is your interview?

Nancy

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in responding. Congratulations, that is good news it only takes one acceptance to get into dental school and you have the interview. When is your interview?

Nancy
Hey nancy, Just wanted to say I love you thanks for the advice. I just retook my DAT and got 24 total science and 22 AA. I am waitlisted at Ohio still but Don't think ill be hearing back! I am going to start working on my application very soon.

Hey nancy, Just wanted to say I love you thanks for the advice. I just retook my DAT and got 24 total science and 22 AA. I am waitlisted at Ohio still but Don't think ill be hearing back! I am going to start working on my application very soon.
Wow, this is fatastic news! Things like this make my day! Helping students is something I have done for many, many years, and success stories always give me goosebumps!

Please keep me posted along the way!

Nancy

Wow, this is fatastic news! Things like this make my day! Helping students is something I have done for many, many years, and success stories always give me goosebumps!

Please keep me posted along the way!

Nancy
Hey Nancy, I hope you're doing well! I just have a quick question and a little update. So, I have applied to about 10 schools so far. Haven't heard anything back yet (I applied 2 weeks ago). I do have a quick question though, Do you know if Detroit mercy requires a Casper exam? It shows as one of the schools for distribution but it doesn't say on their website requirements.

Hey Nancy, I hope you're doing well! I just have a quick question and a little update. So, I have applied to about 10 schools so far. Haven't heard anything back yet (I applied 2 weeks ago). I do have a quick question though, Do you know if Detroit mercy requires a Casper exam? It shows as one of the schools for distribution but it doesn't say on their website requirements.
Detroit Mercy is listed as a dental school that requires the casper test in the 2022-23 application cycle, so I would assume the answer is yes, but it is always best to double check with the school directly. Let us know what you find out. Hope this helps...Nancy

Here is a list of 9 dental schools require the CASPer.
  • California Northstate University
  • Case Western Reserve University
  • Indiana University
  • Temple University
  • University of Louisville School of Dentistry
  • University of California Los Angeles School of Dentistry
  • University of Detroit Mercy
  • University of Missouri - Kansas City
  • University of Utah