DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rnb2470

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am a junior in college and I just took the DAT. These are my scores:

PAT:18
QR:19
RC:22
BIO:24
ORGO:24
GEN CHEM:19
TOTAL SCIENCE:22
TOTAL AA:22

Would these scores be good enough to apply this upcoming cycle? Should I retake it? (I really don't want to retake it because I don't have time to study for it again)

GPA: 3.72
science GPA: 3.4
Shadowing:100
Volunteering: ~50

My science GPA is kind of low so I am scared. My top choices in schools as of now are: University of Florida, NYU, Columbia, LECOM, NOVA

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi everyone! I am a junior in college and I just took the DAT. These are my scores:

PAT:18
QR:19
RC:22
BIO:24
ORGO:24
GEN CHEM:19
TOTAL SCIENCE:22
TOTAL AA:22

Would these scores be good enough to apply this upcoming cycle? Should I retake it? (I really don't want to retake it because I don't have time to study for it again)

GPA: 3.72
science GPA: 3.4
Shadowing:100
Volunteering: ~50

My science GPA is kind of low so I am scared. My top choices in schools as of now are: University of Florida, NYU, Columbia, LECOM, NOVA
Congratulations! Your scores are fine and if you definitely have a great opportunity at all the schools you have listed. Don't be scared, take action, that will chase away fear. Make sure your personal statement is top notch, if you are not good at writing get someone to help you. The personal statement is often the door opener to an interview. A 3.4 gpa is not that low, and it might be a stretch for Columbia but I would not rule it out. I have worked with thousands of students through the years and schools look at a lot things not just the GPA. I have worked with students with lower scores and GPA that have gotten into schools you have listed.

If one of those schools is your dream school then you might consider reaching out to them with your stats.

Again congratulations. I like 22/22, go celebrate it. You deserve it.

Nancy

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! Your scores are fine and if you definitely have a great opportunity at all the schools you have listed. Don't be scared, take action, that will chase away fear. Make sure your personal statement is top notch, if you are not good at writing get someone to help you. The personal statement is often the door opener to an interview. A 3.4 gpa is not that low, and it might be a stretch for Columbia but I would not rule it out. I have worked with thousands of students through the years and school look at a lot things not just the GPA. I have worked with students with lower scores and GPA that have gotten into schools you have listed.

If one of those schools is your dream school then you might consider reaching out to them with your stats.

Again congratulations. I like 22/22, go celebrate it. You deserve it.

Nancy
thank you :) !

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I don't know if y'all will get the notifications for this but I seriously need some help right now. I just found out that I received a C- in my physics class and I am a complete mess rn. With my previous stats is it a good idea applying this cycle. Im going to retake the course but I just wanted to know your opinions and I don't know what else to do.

Usually one bad grade is not the end of the world for applications. It may make it a bit harder to get applications somewhere like Columbia unless something else on their application really sticks out for another good reason. With a C-, retaking the course is probably a good idea because some schools may not consider that "passing" if it's below at 75. That being said, the schools will see the original score, so it's important for you to understand why you performed as you did in this class and to be able to explain it during interviews. And, even more importantly, how you grew from it and how you will prevent it from happening again in the future

Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user