DAT Scores

Started by BushBaby
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BushBaby

Nipplelina
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey yall,

I came from the pre-medical board....I was wondering how do they grade the exam you guys take. I know MCAT goes to 45 but what's the highest grade for DAT and what's an average (good) score?

Thanks
 
Mellow,

30 is a perfect score. Average scores are 17-19. A good score would be 20-22. 23+ are generally 99th+ percentile.

The scores that you will see people discussing around here are two: academic average and PAT. The AA is the average of the Bio, Chem, O-Chem, Reading, and Math scores (each scored up to 30).

So, when you see scores such as 21/18, it refers to a 21 average of the academic scores, and an 18 on the Perceptual Ability portion of the exam.

Hope this helps somewhat!