DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kcng

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I took my DAT today and I want some feedback. I'm planning to retake because dental schools in general are pretty competitive. I'm a postbac with a 3.82 GPA, my undergrad GPA wasn't as stella. I wasn't expecting to get an 18 on biology. I usually get 19's on my practices. I didn't prepared for math as much, I just went in and winged it. I have 400 hours of shadowing under a cosmetic dentist and orthodontist. Got a committee letter with all my L.O.R. Can I apply this cycle and tell the schools I'm retaking the DAT in 3 months? Thanks for the input!

PAT: 22
QR: 17
RC: 19
Bio: 18
G.Chem: 20
Ochem: 21
TS: 19
AA: 19

Members don't see this ad.

I forgot to mention, I'm a career changer so the post-bacc I did was for science pre-reqs. I didn't take any sciences in my undergraduate institute.

Members don't see this ad :)
In my opinion you should take the DAT again beacuse your QR and Bio scores are kind of low apply. You have a very good post bacc GPA which is good. I would say you might need to take the DAT gain and then apply.

I think you are fine. You got a 19 overall with 20s in GC OC. Apply just make sure its to the right schools that are in your range.

I wouldnt retake, 19 is the avg DAT for matriculating student. If you don't mind me asking what percents are your scores? Im worried about bio and I am hoping for 18 or 19

I have an AA of 19 too. It's hard to judge a 19 since it seems to land right on the border of a good DAT vs. an outstanding DAT so I understand where you are coming from.