DAT Screenshot Request [Is topscore format identical to the real thing?]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrTacoElf

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guy i was wondering what the DAT actually looks like on a computer screen and was wondering if anyone could provide a screenshot of a question. I'm assuming topscore looks the same?

Members don't see this ad.

How would we have a screenshot of the actual DAT? You can't even take pencils out of the test center. Regarding your question Top Score Pro looks and feels exactly like the DAT except for the pacing guide in Top Score Pro. Disable that feature and the format is exactly as it is on the real DAT. For more information get a copy of the DAT registration booklet which features a couple of screens from the DAT.

You school's pre-professional advising office should have it. If not go to a local dental school and they should have it.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can also get that from the ADA as well. (ada.org) There's also a tutorial CD that shows you the format and shows you what it will look like. There are some questions on it, but they are not actual DAT questions. I'd order the CD from ada.org if you're worried about not knowing what it looks like.

topscore format is not exactly like the real thing but is very, very similar and I think it does an excellent job getting you comfortable for the real thing. the only real issue i had with the computerized format was that the mouse at the test center was sticky and wasted time trying to get the pointer on answer bubbles and scroll bars :mad: