DAT Sections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDSDCMUU

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I know the DAT is sort of like lucky in that the sections are completely random and some are easier than others, but in general which sections did ya'll find to be easier than your practice tests?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with artist2022 in that the angles were a little easier. But I thought keyholes were harder than BC - I had a lot of rock keyholes.

With RC, it just depends if you get interesting passages. If you don't get any, you should "pretend" like they're interesting.

QR had a lot of quantitative comparison questions, probably more than BC had, but they were of similar difficulty.

Everything else was about the same.

I didn't get any rocks and thought tfe and keyholes were super easy compared to bootcamp. Angles and pattern folding were about the same.

I thought reading was harder on the real thing.

For the sciences, bio was a lot easier (less detailed than bootcamp). Gen chem and o chem were also slightly easier.

I felt that QR was harder but the curve was more generous.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought bio was harder but it could've been b/c it was the very first section and I was so nervous I couldn't think straight. GC and OC were pretty similar to BC. I thought GC was a little easier. I had a good mix of concept problems and calculations. PAT was similar to BC as well. literally I think I had seen some of the hole punching questions on BC. Key hole was a tad harder b/c of the rocks. My reading was easier than BC but somehow that turned out to be my worst section. QR was similar to BC too. I thought the QC was easier, but like everyone else has been saying with QR the most difficult thing is time other than that the questions shouldn't be too difficult to manage

I agree with @FeralisExtremum I felt all of the sections were easier than BC besides the keyholes and TFE, those were a shock to me on my test.
Personally I felt my bio/orgo was the easiest compared to the BC exams (like mentioned above, a lot less detailed).

I thought the whole thing was easier than BC. My PAT as a whole was way easier than BC. I did have 5 or 6 questions on bio that were pretty much the exact same as question on bio destroyer, but everything as a whole was alot less detailed than bc/destroyer.

I thought the whole test was easier as well. Luckily I didn't get rock keyholes but all the PAT sections were easier compared to BC in my opinion. I thought gen chem was easier as well because you didn't need to solve any math, just plug stuff into the formula. Reading was more straightforward on the actual DAT.