DAT - Sending out Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fireblast713

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the # of schools I should send my scores out to. I'm not sure if I should just send it to the ones I really want to go to, or all of the schools I've been considering. For example on the ADA website it says "You should have an official score report sent to each of the dental schools to which you are considering application even though you have not yet completed filing admission applications to these schools." But where I apply to / send my scores to really also depends on my DAT scores themselves, if I do really well I probably wouldn't apply to so many of my backups, and if I do poorly I'd probably apply to more of my backups. So I was just curious if anyone has added/changed their schools that their DAT scores were sent to and the cost/time it took to do so. As far as application strength goes I'd consider myself a "average" applicant I'm not particularly strong (i.e no 4.0 here) but I'm not hovering around a 3.0 either. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you, I would just send to the 5 schools they let you send for free then if you want to send to more schools you can always just call them and they will send it for you for the same $15 per school. This way, you will get more time to think about schools you really want to apply!!