DAT stress

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DATslim

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is anyone else out there stressing about taking the DATs??? i registered last sunday and im waitin for my confirmation in the mail to set a date :scared:. iv been averaging 16 to 17 on practice exams and im waitin for my other one to in the mail. is anyone else feeling the anxiety of the DATs?

Members don't see this ad.

DATslim said:
is anyone else out there stressing about taking the DATs??? i registered last sunday and im waitin for my confirmation in the mail to set a date :scared:. iv been averaging 16 to 17 on practice exams and im waitin for my other one to in the mail. is anyone else feeling the anxiety of the DATs?

I am planning on taking DAT in May. I haven't registered yet :sleep:
I am worried that I am not tensed up!! But I guess if you study a little harder things will be fine. Good luck and let us know how it went??

helix said:
I am planning on taking DAT in May. I haven't registered yet :sleep:
I am worried that I am not tensed up!! But I guess if you study a little harder things will be fine. Good luck and let us know how it went??

If you study properly..and smartly, and don't let your nerves get the better of you then odds are you will definitely pull 18 or higher on all sections. Only 3 things can kill you on the DAT's..lack of a proper study schedule, poor time management and allowing yourself to panic. You dont have to be a genius to score a 20+ academic average..far from it.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey thanks for the PMA (positive mental attitude) guys; so far my study schedule has been mainly all day friday, saturday and sunday for the month or so...i also have been taking practice DATs (full length and diagnostics) every saturday since my Kaplan class ended at the beginning of feb. i wish i could dedicate this whole semester to the studyin for the DATs, but with undergrad classes and working its kinda tuff. But hey thats what i have Spring Break for...NO WORK ALL STUDYING!!! :D ... good luck everyone out there as well

DATslim said:
hey thanks for the PMA (positive mental attitude) guys; so far my study schedule has been mainly all day friday, saturday and sunday for the month or so...i also have been taking practice DATs (full length and diagnostics) every saturday since my Kaplan class ended at the beginning of feb. i wish i could dedicate this whole semester to the studyin for the DATs, but with undergrad classes and working its kinda tuff. But hey thats what i have Spring Break for...NO WORK ALL STUDYING!!! :D ... good luck everyone out there as well

Hey man I scored really low like 50% on the KAPLAN practice tests then got a 23 on the real deal.

So I fail to see how they relate to the real DAT myself.

I mean, check out the biology section. Dont you think that Kaplan is outrageously difficult? I know that I never got over a 55 on any of their bio tests.

Just my thoughts on the whole deal.

I have started an "encouragement" thread. I need a push :oops:

DATslim said:

Use rule of 3. That's is, if you score 16-17 on practice, you will score 19-20 on the real one. It only works for kaplan. If your practice exam is Topscore, then what you see if what you get on the real one.

Q for you guys that already have taken DAT. Do you think a kaplan course for $1099 :eek: is gonna help me to get a better score? what is your experience?? :thumbup:? :thumbdown: ?
Azadeh :)

Profchaos said:
Use rule of 3. That's is, if you score 16-17 on practice, you will score 19-20 on the real one. It only works for kaplan. If your practice exam is Topscore, then what you see if what you get on the real one.

I don't know about that. I got a 15 on the TS section of Topscore and on the real thing I got an 18.