DAT & Stress

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

You

Carpe Diem!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
man...all these 4.5 hours practice exams and FT work been stressing my heart to beat like 5000+mph all day/ all night :D . How about you?

Members don't see this ad.

You said:
man...all these 4.5 hours practice exams and FT work been stressing my heart to beat like 5000+mph all day/ all night :D . I wonder how is this going to affect my health. How about you?

i study 12 hours a day, and still at 10 mph. Just chill man~ 1000 of practice questions? just do 2~3 per day and that's 500 days~ 333 days = 1 year ~2 years. I still got 1~2 years before DAT and I already have done over 100 practice problems :D

You said:
man...all these 4.5 hours practice exams and FT work been stressing my heart to beat like 5000+mph all day/ all night :D . How about you?

Slow down! Listen to your body. Your body is telling you its overstressed and overworked.

DO NOT LET AN EXAM MAKE YOU SICK

I say this because I once was in your shoes. The last time I took my DAT, I had given myself so many stomach ulcers that I was literally crying in pain every night. I stressed myself out WAY too much and probably aged 20 years in that last week before the test. My low score was mostly because I did not study nearly enough, so I wont make excuses... but I doubt that the emotional meltdown the night before and stomach pains didnt help.

Its completely normal to be a little nervous about the exam (especially when you dont get the scores you want on the practice tests). But you have to realize that scoring well on this exam depends on 3 things:

How much you have studied
How comfortable you feel
How healthy and energized you are

If you are going to be negative, stressed out, so nervous that you cannot control your heart rate... it wont even MATTER how much you know because you are setting youself up for failure.

You have to be physically in control of your body. Tell yourself that all this physical stress you are causing to your body is not going to help your chances and you need to GET RID OF IT!

Bottom line: stress is poison to your brain, and in my case - the GI tract.

joonkimdds said:
i study 12 hours a day, and still at 10 mph. Just chill man~ 1000 of practice questions? just do 2~3 per day and that's 500 days~ 333 days = 1 year ~2 years. I still got 1~2 years before DAT and I already have done over 100 practice problems :D

Joon, kiddo... you need a break! take a week off and go fishing or something! ...just using common sense on the DAT'll get you over 20 in the bio. you already know the science! it's just how you use it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Joon. RELAX. You still have 2 yrs. Just focus on your classes. Get the material during the classess and then the 2 months b4 your DAT test will just be for review.

joon, people like you seriously annoy me.
get a life. enjoy college while you can! and for goodness sake, you're not even taking the freakin dat for another year! the way you're freaking out now, i think you'll die of a heart attack before you even make it to d-school.

lovechild404 said:
joon, people like you seriously annoy me.
get a life. enjoy college while you can! and for goodness sake, you're not even taking the freakin dat for another year! the way you're freaking out now, i think you'll die of a heart attack before you even make it to d-school.

:laugh: :laugh: