DAT Study for each section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kerrydental

Reaction score
I know there’s a lot of threads comparing which (Destroyer, Booster, and Bootcamp) is better but does anyone have recommendations about which is best for which section specifically? For example, I heard Destroyer is only good for the chemistry and then some say it’s unnecessarily hard? And then Booster is best for Biology?
Any advice would help, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I disagree that it is unnecessarily hard. Yes it’s for sure tougher than the DAT, but nonetheless it teaches you the concepts so that test day feels like a breeze. It is great for chem and ochem, and good for bio also in conjunction with feralis/dynamite bio notes. Booster was good for bio/QR/PAT. And it’s helpful for the chemistries as well, it’s great extra practice.

I know there’s a lot of threads comparing which (Destroyer, Booster, and Bootcamp) is better but does anyone have recommendations about which is best for which section specifically? For example, I heard Destroyer is only good for the chemistry and then some say it’s unnecessarily hard? And then Booster is best for Biology?

kerrydental

The DAT Destroyer is very challenging but so is the DAT. There are many versions for the DAT so it is important you are prepared for whatever comes your way. After over 25 years of working with students in our classroom setting and online we have always taken the position that being over prepared is much better than under prepared. It is impossible to know exactly what you will be presented on test day. Some DAT versions have more Orgo 2 than others, some General Chemistry has more calculations than others, Bio is broad and the first section on the DAT exam, you need to be fully prepared, if you don't come out of the Bio section feeling confident it often shakes confidence on the rest of the exam. It is important to remember, not every student takes the exact same test, that is why you get mixed feelings etc.

Wishing you the best.

#think30
Nancy, co/owner DAT Destroyer

Booster is hands down the best for Biology and it's pretty darn good for chemistry too. I literally had some of the exact same/similar questions show up on my exam. If you have extra time, I would recommend using Booster with Destroyer.

Destroyers and the associated Orgoman products were hands down the best resources when I took the DAT. The Biology Destroyer and Dynamite Bio Notes carried me fairly well for that section. Orgo and chem are fantastic as well. For QR, the Math Destroyer was absolutely essential for me.

For RC, I really focussed on reading science articles online primarily. I've heard Kaplan is decent for RC prep, but I don't really have much input there. For PAT, I used PATBooster, which worked out well for me.

Everyone has something different that works for them, so find what fits you best! In general, the Destroyer helps people get good scores, so long as you make it past the initial "wow this is hard" stage.

Best of luck!