DAT Study Guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cheerfulcheeto

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I looked at the DAT study guide. I see that there are topics listed that could be covered, but does anyone have a more detailed study list? Also, can anyone recommend any print materials for the PAT section?

Members don't see this ad.

What DAT study guide did you look at, and what additional detail are you looking for?

Can't say I recommend any print materials for the PAT section. You'll be taking it on a computer regardless, so it's best to practice for it that way.

I see! I just saw how expensive the software is :(

I'm a "List Person", I like making a detailed study plan so I can go through and scratch off sections I went through. I guess I was looking for something similar to what the AAMC publishes for the MCAT. I looked at the current DAT guide (2017).

I wouldn't waste your money with the software programs for PAT.
I personally used DAT Bootcamp and their PAT generators were amazing for practicing. (you can even use the 30 sec. timer for some sections and work on increasing your speed)
If you're going to spend any money on prep materials, Bootcamp is the only one I recommend. It was spot on for all sections except math.
Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone! I looked at the DAT study guide. I see that there are topics listed that could be covered, but does anyone have a more detailed study list? Also, can anyone recommend any print materials for the PAT section?
A detailed list of daily activities here:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/datbootcamp/Ari'sStudySchedule.pdf

That also suggests using the bootcamp for PAT. It is excellent with teaching the tricks of each section and providing practice.

Reactions: 1 user