DAT Study Materials- 2019-2020 exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToothAche_nc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, this has probably been asked numerous times but I was conflicted over choosing the right study materials. I was originally planning to use DAT destroyer+math destroyer, chad's videos, ferali's notes, and a 2018 kaplan review book that I recieved from the course. I was talking to a few dental students, however, and they all recommended I use DAT bootcamp as it has everything in the package and includes practice exams. The only thing is it is a lot more expensive and it's a 90-day subscription. I just need some solid advice on wheather or not it is worth it or if I can substitute DAT bootcamp with destroyer. The destroyer books are like $200 but you keep them. The DAT bootcamp is around $500 and it's a 90-day subscription. Also, DAT bootcamp gives a structured 10 week study schedule. Thanks for your time and input! I really do appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Bootcamp. I had destroyer too and I couldn’t imagine just using that. The expense of bootcamp was worth it to me based on all the study materials it gives you. I used bootcamp inside out and got a 24AA/30PAT

I personally think DAT destroyer + DAT bootcamp with chads videos is more than enough. But if you’re dealing with a budget, use DAT bootcamp without the rest.

I personally think DAT destroyer + DAT bootcamp with chads videos is more than enough. But if you’re dealing with a budget, use DAT bootcamp without the rest.

I wouldn’t recommend using ONLY bootcamp though. That’s my two cents. It all depends on you as how you approach it and study. Some people need more sources to do better. Just because others succeeded with only DAT bootcamp doesn’t mean everyone can succeed only using DAT bootcamp.

Members don't see this ad :)
I get that. I haven't purchased DAT Destroyer yet but wanted to use it in place of DAT Bootcamp. Also, did you guys follow the bootcamp study schedule or create your own thing? I guess if I use bootcamp I'll also get chad's videos and then just use the Kaplan review book that I have. Would you guys also recommend bootcamp for PAT, or is it worth it to get PAT booster? Again, I'm on a budget but need to score high so I'm really concerned about purchasing the right study tools. Someone also advised me to use a variety of sources because one source might be too easy or not enough for the real test.

I get that. I haven't purchased DAT Destroyer yet but wanted to use it in place of DAT Bootcamp. Also, did you guys follow the bootcamp study schedule or create your own thing? I guess if I use bootcamp I'll also get chad's videos and then just use the Kaplan review book that I have. Someone also advised me to use a variety of sources because one source might be too easy or not enough for the real test.

I used chads videos and Bootcamp’s bio notes for concepts. After that, I went through the destroyer twice in each section. I then used DAT Bootcamp’s full length exams once (not doing each section separately).

So I found out that Bootcamp includes Mike's videos (similair to Chad's videos) do you know if those are also good to use? Also, for biology I think Cliff's AP Bio book is/was popular, not sure if it's still useful, maybe a few years ago. I hear most of the biology material is free or cheaper to purchase, do you know anything about ferali's bio notes, if they're still a good review source for what's on the current exam? These are free but just a more condensed version of Cliff's AP bio book. here is the link if anyone has time to take a look : Feralis Biology Notes - Free Download PDF

So I found out that Bootcamp includes Mike's videos (similair to Chad's videos) do you know if those are also good to use? Also, for biology I think Cliff's AP Bio book is/was popular, not sure if it's still useful, maybe a few years ago. I hear most of the biology material is free or cheaper to purchase, do you know anything about ferali's bio notes, if they're still a good review source for what's on the current exam? These are free but just a more condensed version of Cliff's AP bio book. here is the link if anyone has time to take a look : Feralis Biology Notes - Free Download PDF

I honestly liked chads more but it’s really just a preference. Both are good. I used cliffs AP bio the first time I took the DAT and the information was way too high school like. It was missing a lot of information compared to DAT bootcamp’s 120 page bio notes. I would only recommend feralis or bootcamp bio notes (120 pgs).

Note:
first time I took the DAT I received a 17 on biology
-used cliffs AP bio

Second time I took it, I got a 20 in biology
-used dat bootcamp bio (120 pgs)

*obviously for both times I also did DAT destroyer and DAT bootcamp. I just approached both sources differently the second time around.

*also, I’m a psychology major so it was harder for me to learn the information on my own.

Wow, that's quite a jump in score and impressive. I guess I'll focus more on ferali's or bootcamp once I purchase it and only reference Cliff's ap bio when I need to. Thanks a lot for this information, it really has been helpful.

I used Kaplin Blue Book, Cliffs bio, and Chads video's the first couple times I took the DAT. I got a 17AA each time. I then used bootcamp and DAT destroyer (and math destroyer) and got a 19AA. Class work doesn't come easy for me, so it was worth the money to use both. I also liked Chad's video's better than Mike's. Not because of the information, but the sound of his voice gave me the same reaction as finger nails on a chalk board (however I've heard many times, people say the like Mike's better). I know money's tight and the expenses are only going to get worse as you apply to schools, but think of it this way, you're investing in your future. If I had used bootcamp and destroyer earlier I might have gotten into school a year earlier, and saved myself thousands of dollars by not having to apply a third cycle.

I used Kaplin Blue Book, Cliffs bio, and Chads video's the first couple times I took the DAT. I got a 17AA each time. I then used bootcamp and DAT destroyer (and math destroyer) and got a 19AA. Class work doesn't come easy for me, so it was worth the money to use both. I also liked Chad's video's better than Mike's. Not because of the information, but the sound of his voice gave me the same reaction as finger nails on a chalk board (however I've heard many times, people say the like Mike's better). I know money's tight and the expenses are only going to get worse as you apply to schools, but think of it this way, you're investing in your future. If I had used bootcamp and destroyer earlier I might have gotten into school a year earlier, and saved myself thousands of dollars by not having to apply a third cycle.

I agree with everything said here! On point!

I think BC is way too overpriced personally, and used solely the Destroyer Materials + PATBooster and did very well myself. There's also plenty of free videos online that can help with each of the subjects and the PAT (Dr. Romano has some, too). I was tight on money, so this plan was definitely the best for me.