DAT study materials. Need some advice on it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

archonsbk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My strength is Math, PAT (except for angle ranking and top front end)
My weakness is biology and possibly reading.
Gen chem and o chem are okay.

I've been using Crack the DAT software and I have Kaplan Blue book and Barron's DAT.

I am debating whether I should buy DAT destroyer for science section.
Let me know what you think about DAT destroyer and other stuff like Ari's and Top score.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion, the best thing for the science section is Chad's videos. I used Chad's videos for GC and OC, and the KBB for biology. I didn't study as long as most members here (that is an understatement), and my scores were 20 OC, 20 GC, 20 BIO, 20 TS. My chemistry scores would have been MUCH lower without Chad. If you are short on time, there is a fastplay option that plays all the videos at 1.5x, which saves you hours in the end.

Math and PAT were the lowest scores on my DAT, so I will not give you any advice as to those haha

I also wish I could give you advice on reading, but IMHO it is one of the toughest sections to improve if it's just not your thing. From what I've read, practice tests are very beneficial.

In my opinion, the best thing for the science section is Chad's videos. I used Chad's videos for GC and OC, and the KBB for biology. I didn't study as long as most members here (that is an understatement), and my scores were 20 OC, 20 GC, 20 BIO, 20 TS. My chemistry scores would have been MUCH lower without Chad. If you are short on time, there is a fastplay option that plays all the videos at 1.5x, which saves you hours in the end.

Math and PAT were the lowest scores on my DAT, so I will not give you any advice as to those haha

I also wish I could give you advice on reading, but IMHO it is one of the toughest sections to improve if it's just not your thing. From what I've read, practice tests are very beneficial.

Thank you for your input! Actually I used Chad's. I am still not done watching the videos though haha. I am thinking of taking the DAT in late May, so I have about 5 months to study, but I feel like once the school begins in a month, I will be busy again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chem/Ochem -- Chad's videos and quizzes. Along with Destroyer
Math - MATH DESTROYER -- yes the questions are a lot harder but the SAME TYPE of questions show up. Just like different and easier numbers.
RC -- DATQVault (I did not practice much for this to be honest)
Bio -- (I studied the least for this) Destroyer, DATQVault ((I should add that you should definitely use more material for Bio, like Cliffs or other things. I didn't do too hot on this section either))
PAT -- DO NOT USE CRACKDAT PAT. I thought it was HORRIBLE. I was scoring 22-23 every single time. I got a 17 on my real one. Crack PAT is WAY easier and the tricks DO NOT WORK.

I also LOVED DATBootcamp. Use that FOR SURE. I hear the PAT on that is spot on too.

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about DATBootcamp. I totally agree with predentalgirl, DATBootcamp was great. The questions are worded very similarly to the real DAT, and their explanations for the answers are thorough and helpful. I actually remember specifically questions on my real DAT that I wouldn't have known if I had not done the bootcamp quizzes. The PAT on DATBootcamp is also much more difficult than in the KBB and are thus more representative of the real thing.

TLDR: Totally use DBC if you can afford it. If you can breeze through it, you should breeze through the DAT.

I just purchased DAT destroyer and math destroyer!! Hopefully it is worth every penny haha. Thank you everyone for your inputs!

DAT Achiever kicks your butt on every test but I thought it was super helpful. Because if it I finished the PAT 10 minutes early and got a 20 on it. I felt the reading comp was similar but QR and science was over the top but totally worth it if you review the answers.