DAT study materials please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DngU2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am planning to study for the DAT now and take it maybe June and not sure what kind of materials I should look for to preparer for the test. I did some research but there are too many of them so I don't know which ones I should focus on. Also would that be fine if the materials were the older version? Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

I know it can be super overwhelming, but the DAT sub-board on this site is pretty useful. Honestly, what I did was just use the Kaplan blue book plus a few MCAT subject books (bio, chem, and orgo) that I checked out of the library! (they didn't have any DAT books, sadly so I just used what was available). The Kaplan is good for review, but I would't use it for subjects that you actually need to re-learn. Whenever I totally didn't remember a concept (usually with orgo) and the Kaplan/MCAT books weren't helpful, I just went back to my old textbooks and orgo notes. I also found as many practice tests as I could (a friend of mine had some different DAT study materials than me and so she lent me some of the practice exams that were in her books)-- those were super, super helpful!

For the PAT section I used the Crack PAT. Although it can be a little pricey, it's totally worth it. It's great review!

I didn't bother with any of the online videos or any of that, but honestly it really depends on how you study best and how much supplemental material you need.

Good luck!

The link in my signature is a collection of thorough breakdowns.
My breakdown is in it, and I really stand by my recommendations. I suggest you check a few of them, though! :)