DAT Study Method for Orgo, Gen Chem, and Bio.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocLime

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow Pre-Dents. I am taking my DAT in 3 days (very exciting) and would like to share with all of you a study method I used for Orgo, Gen Chem, and Bio. My very close friend used this method and received scores above 25 in all of the science sections. I have also used it to great success indicated by scores on practice tests I have taken.

The concept is very simple; take as many science practice tests as you can in succession only giving yourself half the time you would have on the real exam on each. If this sounds too intense for you, start at 3/4th's time and work your way down. I was at the point where I could score a 20-23 on any given practice test under half time pressure.

By doing this you put yourself under an enormous amount of pressure, so that when you take the real DAT the timing feels generous! It makes the exam feel a lot easier, and helps you learn how to not waste time overthinking/doing extraneous work.

Every minute on the DAT is precious and this method helps to make your minutes twice as productive.

I hope this helps some of you out!

Current personal record is 3500 biology questions (Qvault) over the course of 7 hours with one meal break.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello fellow Pre-Dents. I am taking my DAT in 3 days (very exciting) and would like to share with all of you a study method I used for Orgo, Gen Chem, and Bio. My very close friend used this method and received scores above 25 in all of the science sections. I have also used it to great success indicated by scores on practice tests I have taken.

The concept is very simple; take as many science practice tests as you can in succession only giving yourself half the time you would have on the real exam on each. If this sounds too intense for you, start at 3/4th's time and work your way down. I was at the point where I could score a 20-23 on any given practice test under half time pressure.

By doing this you put yourself under an enormous amount of pressure, so that when you take the real DAT the timing feels generous! It makes the exam feel a lot easier, and helps you learn how to not waste time overthinking/doing extraneous work.

Every minute on the DAT is precious and this method helps to make your minutes twice as productive.

Current personal record is 3500 biology questions (Qvault) over the course of 7 hours with one meal break.

There is more 3500 questions on QVAULT bio? I thought there is only 400 max lol

First breakdown I've seen before the DAT was taken haha

Some Good advice though! You'll kill it. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
There is more 3500 questions on QVAULT bio? I thought there is only 400 max lol

I did the questions I got wrong over, and did the practice tests repeatedly multiple times. They also have bonus questions you can buy along with the "questions I have not seen" tab. Close to 1000 total. I also used various other sources such as the Cliffs sectional tests and Crack BIO. Qvault was the bulk of it though.

Thank you very much BYU4you.

This is a test I completed when I woke up this morning for some quick practice. Only took this particular test once before about a week ago.

Attachments

• Study Method.png
    Study Method.png
    93 KB · Views: 106