1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

DAT study program?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by onamission, Mar 11, 2007.

1. onamission

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Anybody out there use the "Ace the DAT" program? If so was it worth the money? I'm planning on paying for the Kaplan online course for my re-take. If the AcetheDAT program is worth it, would it be too much duplicating of the Kaplan course? Any info would help. Or if you have any other recommended programs please pass along that info. My first stats were AA-18 TS-19 RC-20 PAT-21. I need to raise these so I can get into a school during my second round of applications!

2. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Never heard of Ace the DAT, have a link?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    onamission

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    is www.AcetheDAT then dot com. I'm spelling out the dot.com because every time I try to post the actual link, this site "stars it out".

4. Drill2Fill

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    From the web page it doesn't seem to well put together.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. gatormichigan

7+ Year Member

My friend who got a 23 used it and she said she liked it because it was challenging. Then again I have a friend who also got a 23 without it. Its really up to you but it cant hurt.

6. dentist2011

Pre-Dental
    i used the Ace the DAT, when i took my DAT. i think it was helpful at some point. in my opinion, you would want to get as much practice as possible. i don't really care if it's kaplan, acethedat, or....whether it's easy or difficult. the more you practice, the better you familar with the topics. i did not take the kaplan course because i think it's over-priced. i just went online bought someone's used kaplan course material, bought acethedat, plus another online program i forgot the name, and found someone's home made DAT practice tests on ebay. i started by going through kaplan book, and really studying it throughly. then, gathering all the practice tests until the last week before the test. doing one test a day. i think this will help you well prepared, at least it does well for me.

good luck to u all!!!

7. EnviroDentist

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Did you really do the Kaplan program and all of the required and recommended stuff? I'm not trying to be patronizing here or anything, but with as much information that Kaplan makes available I find it hard to believe you did so poorly?

8. Drill2Fill

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I have only had one week of kaplan class.The first score is when I went to one of their free testing days, the second one is the first class diagnostic. They were approx 1 week apart.