DAT study questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MightyHerro

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am planning on taking the DATs at the end of May or end of June of this year. I am planning on studying from February up until I take the exam, however I will also be taking 12 credit workload at my university. Is this enough time to study for the DATs? In addition, will I still be in good shape to apply for the upcoming cycle this summer? Any input and advice would be appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

February through May should be more than enough time to prepare for the DAT, even with courses. The timing would be fine as well since you would have your DAT completed before the application cycle even opened.

February through May should be more than enough time to prepare for the DAT, even with courses. The timing would be fine as well since you would have your DAT completed before the application cycle even opened.

Should I be aiming to take it at the end of May or mid June?? Ill be done with my semester early May. I would prefer to take it June since I would have more time to study but will that be too late in terms of the cycle? I plan on having the rest of my app done before May.

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I be aiming to take it at the end of May or mid June?? Ill be done with my semester early May. I would prefer to take it June since I would have more time to study but will that be too late in terms of the cycle? I plan on having the rest of my app done before May.

June would be fine too, honestly. It's still early in the application cycle. Just remember it can take 1-2 weeks after taking your DAT for the official/verified scores to become available to dental schools.

Take it end of june, I took my DAT on June 10 2017 after studying 5 weeks after spring semester ended May 5. I wish I took it later and gave myself 8 weeks to study. The DAT isn't really like the MCAT where you need to give yourself ~3 months to study. I recommend following Ari's 10 week guide (I compressed that to 5 weeks for me). Taking it say end June and getting a 22 will be much better than taking it May and getting a 20.