1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

DAT&studying

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by djenaro, May 10, 2007.

1. djenaro

Pre-Dental
    Hi guys,
    I am new here and I guess that this type of question appears very often,but I was wondering if month and a half is enough time to prepare for DAT?I had Ochem this semester,so I should be ok with that.I need some advice from people with more experience with DAT.
    Is Destroyer really helpful as they say?

I appreciate for every comment.:)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 901preDent

901preDent Banned
    Banned

Pre-Dental
    Yea I think a month is a lot of time to prep if you use it wisely. I personally will study all summer but different strokes. As for the destroyer I would def. get it . It is a must have !!Gooood Luck!:D

4. dentaldentist

dentaldentist Junior Member

Dental Student
    A month and a half is plenty of time if you use your time wisely. I would personally start off with the kaplan blue book before moving onto something like destroyer. Destroyer is more like a ton of test questions with explanations on the correct answers, while the kaplan book is more like a condensed textbook going over the important topics in each section. Kaplan is great for most sections, but is a little weak for biology and the PAT in kaplan is way easier than the real section on the DAT. I also thought TOP Score Pro was good - its basically a set of fairly realistic full length DAT tests on a CD. Make sure you study a couple of hours every day between now and the test and you should be fine.

Kaplan DAT book
    Top Score
    DAT Destroyer

Another note is that if you are planning on taking the test in a month and a half, you should look into signing up for the test now. Test dates can fill up several weeks in advance, so if you have a preferred date, sign up now. Good luck.

5. djenaro

Pre-Dental
    thanks,I really appreciate for your comment.