DAT suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental Hopeful

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and I am blown away by everyone's DAT scores. I am taking mine at the end of August. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on studying for them (specifically the Quantitative Reasoning section - I have the most trouble there). Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Good Luck eveyone!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Dental,

I purchased the Kaplan book from Borders (not taking the course).

I read the natural sciences section (about 500 pages) and quantitative reasoning section (about 80 pages) and really made great use of my highlighter.

I went through each chapter and typed out my highlighted portions of the text. I ended up typing out roughly 100 pages (took about one week). I plan to constantly review them up until the test day. As for the PAT and reading comp., I'm just going to take the practice tests from kaplan, acethedat.com and topscore.

I haven't taken the dat yet - I'll be taking it about the same time as you. I use this strategy all the time and so far it hasnt let me down - hopefully things won't change.

Sorry I can't be of more help (hopefully you'll get a lot of responses from people who have taken the test) People all have different ways of attacking it. See what works for you and you'll ace it. We're all in the same boat! Good luck!

- Are you applying to stony brook? It looks like a great school and you can't beat the tuition!

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah check out the dat forum and don't forget to take lots of practice tests and rereview which subject areas are weakest. good luck!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!!! MEM3, yep I'm applying to Stony Brook! I would LOVE to go there!!! I volunteer there and it's really nice! Good Luck everyone & thanks again!!! :)

Awesome Dental!

I applied there too! I havent visited there yet, but i'd like to before my senior year starts.

good luck with the studying!