DAT Survivor (6/17/11).

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChrisM07

Dental Student
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Just thought I would also post my scores here regardless of how "average" they are. I know I didn't get the 24-27 score that many others here have received but I wanted to share nonetheless since I have read so many others before I took my test. My scores are:

PAT: 17 :mad:
QR: 16 (again, I wish there was a middle finger icon)
RC: 20 :)
BIO: 18
OC: 20 :)
GC: 18
TS: 18
AA: 18 :rolleyes:

I have mixed feelings about these scores, especially PAT because I never scored lower than a 20 on CDP. I thought some aspects of PAT were actually a lot harder on the test than in CDP. I expected my QR score to be low (FML). I'll probably end up re-taking it sometime in the future with the hopes that my sciences can break the 20 mark. If anyone is interested, I can post some kind of breakdown of what I used and all that jazz. Let me know your thoughts!

Chris

Members don't see this ad.

I thought key holes and pattern folding was harder. The keyhole shapes seemed to have a lot more going on in them than the CDP version (at least to me). Some of the pattern foldings were truly hard for me to "see" because there were lots of folds that were needed to make the object complete (if that makes sense). Cube counting was easier IMO because there were not as many cubes to count and there were none of those weird block stacks that looked like some sort of "illusion". Pretty straight forward. I'd like to know where I went wrong in this section but I guess you cant have everything :) .

I would love to have harder hole punching and cube counting in exchange for easier pattern folding and keyhole.

Well, congratz. All of us did our best, and you did too. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
did you use Chads or Destroyer?

ORGANIC/GENERAL CHEMISTRY: I used BOTH. I was away from my those classes for a few years so I really needed a refresher. I heard such epic things about Chad's videos so I gave them a whirl. They actually really helped to get me back on my feet when it came to organic and gen chem. I found myself watching those videos sometimes thinking, "oh THAT'S what that meant...". After I was done with Chad's videos I bought Destroyer and used that for the rest of my study time. Once in a while I would break out my text books, but only if I REALLY needed a thorough explanation on something. Destroyer was VERY thorough. Very. I was actually sad to see my scores in science weren't higher because I spent so much time learning Destroyer. I guess my nerves got to me (for some reason I thought this test was do or die).

BIOLOGY: I used Campbell's at first, followed by Cliff's, and then Destroyer.

PAT: I used CDP for this.

RC: . . .

QR: Destroyer and a little bit of Kaplan only.