DAT Taken 04/29

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rushang

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, so just got back from the test center and here what i got.

PAT 20
BIO 20
GCHEM 20
OCHEM 19
RC 17 :(
QR 16 :(
TS 20
AA 18

I want to know whether this scores are good ????

I am thinking of applying, the earliest possible. I am worried about my QR score. Even though i am engineering major, QR took much of a time. I cant emphasize more, MORE word problems than SIMPLE algebra or trig or geometry.

And how about my RC score ?

I am thinking of applying to like 15 schools, with a gpa around 3.4.

Are this score adequate enough or should i be thinking of retaking it ???

Materials I used:
Achiever, Destroyer, Topscore, Schaums, Campbell (for figures)

So, Let me know if this scores are good or not ?

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

yea thats pretty good actually. Your TS is really good. You should get in somewhere.

Anything on bio or gen chem that surprised you that you didnt study?

Scores are good, except that you might wanna think about that RC score. TS is great, AA is OK.
If you have time, retake the test. With the scores people are pulling off this year, you need as much points as you can get.
good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys,

Any suggestions on the score....please let me know whether i should think about retaking it.... i am so mad about my score...i studied my *** off for this exam...and still got this score....i dont know what went wrong.....

so let me know if this scores atleast on the "safe" side to apply....????

what state are you from, if you have a state school that needs to accept a certain percentage of their class from their state then your best chance at an acceptance is from your state school. Also, its not all about the numbers (although I believe it is mostly about the numbers). In cases such as yours where, I believe, you have average numbers I think if you have good EC's and shadowing, these will make you stand out a little.

I think you stats are okay. You should be able to get in with them. Retaking is up to your own decision, you just have to take into account that you have a chance of scoring lower. Not trying to scare you, if you want to retake then find out what your weak areas are and work on that.

Hello,

As you may heard that the format of DAT has been changed from 2014.

Could you any of you who took DAT both on before 2014 and after 2014, tell us what the changes are?

One of example is that I heard on Biology, they focused on systemic approach on human physiology.

Thank you,

Hello,

As you may heard that the format of DAT has been changed from 2014.

Could you any of you who took DAT both on before 2014 and after 2014, tell us what the changes are?

One of example is that I heard on Biology, they focused on systemic approach on human physiology.

Thank you,
Ummm...this is a 6 year old thread. There is a good chance the OP is already a practicing dentist.