DAT Test Conditions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ryan08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the DAT, do they provide you with scratch paper? or do they give you a dry-erase board and erasable marker? or do they give you transparency sheets and a sharpie?? AND... are you limited to how much scratch paper/ transparencies you get????

Members don't see this ad.

They give you 2 laminated sheets with a semipermanent (you can really rub it off if you try hard enough but its more than sufficient) marker which you may exchange by raising your hand and the person will swap them out anytime for you if/when you fill them up.

They give you 2 laminated sheets with a semipermanent (you can really rub it off if you try hard enough but its more than sufficient) marker which you may exchange by raising your hand and the person will swap them out anytime for you if/when you fill them up.

+1 to this post. :thumbup:

I will just add a few things.

My Prometric proctor specifically told me:

1. Not to rub anything off the laminated sheets. (i.e. using finger/spit/sweat to wipe things off)
2. Do not write on the sheets until AFTER the tutorial section.
3. Make sure to ask the proctors about jackets, hoodies, sweaters, etc. because I believe you cannot take them off once you are in there or else they will come in and take it from you. (which can be distracting) :mad:

Just wanted to put it out there so people's testing day will go smoothly without some proctor walking into the room and specifically telling you to stop doing something.

Make sure to test out the markers as well. I did that before I went into the testing room.

Good luck! :)

^

How long ago did you take the test? Because I took it this past august and before I started the exam I was asked if I had any questions and I asked about writing during tutorial. she wasn't sure if it was allowed or not so she looked it up on her computer and told me it was allowed now and that previously it was not allowed.

Members don't see this ad :)
also, at my center they had this annoying thing where you couldnt put your leg on your lap, or sit cross legged on the chair (i guess im small and can do this lol). i did it twice and had to keep reminding myself to keep my legs on the floor because they would come tap me on the shoulder and tell me to put my legs down. it was super annoying thats just how i like to sit comfortably :mad:

^

How long ago did you take the test? Because I took it this past august and before I started the exam I was asked if I had any questions and I asked about writing during tutorial. she wasn't sure if it was allowed or not so she looked it up on her computer and told me it was allowed now and that previously it was not allowed.

I took it last week. (September 17th)

Yeah, I've read people having different experiences. I'm just putting it out there so people are aware of it and they should definitely make sure and not assume. It just prevents annoying things from happening during the test. :D

looks like some test centers are really relaxed and some aren't. Just be prepared for the worst then you won't be surprised!.
But to be honest, if you follow what they say, there's not too much trouble.

I really didn't like the laminated sheets. If they can give us 5 sheets of blank paper, it would suit me much better. Permanent market kept rubbing off so it looks messy and i hated it.