DAT Test Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

irishmom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of signing up for my DAT date. I have submitted my app, but will not be able to take the DAT until Aug 9 at the earliest. If I were to take it on Aug 23,would that be too late? Everything has been processed, GPA verified, etc. Just waiting on my DAT and one more LOE. I get test anxiety, and already my GPA isn't a great as it could be. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the process of signing up for my DAT date. I have submitted my app, but will not be able to take the DAT until Aug 9 at the earliest. If I were to take it on Aug 23,would that be too late? Everything has been processed, GPA verified, etc. Just waiting on my DAT and one more LOE. I get test anxiety, and already my GPA isn't a great as it could be. Any thoughts?

i am also not taking my test until late in August. And I haven't started filling out my app yet. To avoid anxiety I want to take the test first

Unless everything else is in tip-top shape (awesome GPA, ECs, etc), late August is sort of late. However, if you're confident you can procure an awesome score, I wouldn't worry much about it! Like you've already done, just have everything ready to go. :)

Also, after your test, make sure you scan in your unofficial score report and fax/e-mail it to schools. Some of them will consider it and go ahead and invite you for an interview; this cuts out a few weeks waiting for your DAT score to upload to AADSAS.

That's just it, my GPA is not all that great. I get test anxiety, and just going to the website to sign up was making me anxious. I need to hit the test out of the park.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless everything else is in tip-top shape (awesome GPA, ECs, etc), late August is sort of late. However, if you're confident you can procure an awesome score, I wouldn't worry much about it! Like you've already done, just have everything ready to go. :)

Also, after your test, make sure you scan in your unofficial score report and fax/e-mail it to schools. Some of them will consider it and go ahead and invite you for an interview; this cuts out a few weeks waiting for your DAT score to upload to AADSAS.

That's a good thing to do if you're applying late cuz it took them 20 days to upload my scores. However, make sure you check with the school before you fax your scores b/c some schools do not want you to do this. And if you do it, you may be viewed as someone who can't follow directions.

If you had at least started studying for it, I would try to take the test earlier. Applying late August is usually not good unless you come out of that test center with 21s and above...

I get test anxiety for standardized tests as well, so that's why I didn't register for my test until a week before.