DAT Test DAY breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrincessDAT

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT is so soon and I am super nervous cant breathe lol.. Can anyone please breakdown the day of the test for me.
Specific questions:
Do we time our own break, how does that work? what should I do during break?
During the survey, will be have our scratch paper? Also, during the survey is this the time to make our PAT prep sheet and write down things to remember like formulas for math?
If we ask for extra paper, do we have to turn in the ones we already have?
Also I heard you cant wear jackets with hoods and stuff or if you take the test with a jacket you cant take it off.
Anything else I should know?

Members don't see this ad.

Call your testing center first to make sure you are allowed to set up your paper during the survey. My testing center did not allow that, so I spent time on the survey to get used to the mouse and keyboard as well as checking if there is any lagging issues. Optional break is 15 min, access to bathroom is allowed, but not your locker. Therefore you need to estimate the elapsed time. Keep in mind that checking in and out take some time too as they need to scan your fingerprints. Prepare some snacks for the break if necessary. Once 15 min has passed, the test will automatically resume. During my break, I just sat there and breath, trying to refresh myself for RC, lol.

As for extra paper, raise your hand, they'll come and collect the old ones and hand you two new ones. Dress comfortably, I layered my top so that I wouldn't need a jacket. Come early as checking in takes some time.

Reactions: 1 user
Call your testing center first to make sure you are allowed to set up your paper during the survey. My testing center did not allow that, so I spent time on the survey to get used to the mouse and keyboard as well as checking if there is any lagging issues. Optional break is 15 min, access to bathroom is allowed, but not your locker. Therefore you need to estimate the elapsed time. Keep in mind that checking in and out take some time too as they need to scan your fingerprints. Prepare some snacks for the break if necessary. Once 15 min has passed, the test will automatically resume. During my break, I just sat there and breath, trying to refresh myself for RC, lol.

As for extra paper, raise your hand, they'll come and collect the old ones and hand you two new ones. Dress comfortably, I layered my top so that I wouldn't need a jacket. Come early as checking in takes some time.

You cant access your locker during break? Where do you put your snack?

You can definitely access your locker.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For extra paper, just go up ask for more paper, rasing your hand and waiting might take too long. This is from personal experience.