DAT Testing Accommodations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MountainManOutdoor

Reaction score
Hi All!

I hope you are well during these crazy times!

I've posted in the past in reference to testing accommodations to gain approval to wear my insulin pump being a Type 1 Diabetic. With that said, I am curious to know if the dental schools that I apply to will know / will see that I had a "testing accommodation"?

Obviously I have to wear my insulin pump and need the accommodation, I just wanted to know how/if this would impact their view on me or if they would even ever know that i had to get the approval...

Thanks and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there. I recommend you to contact the ADA for a definitive answer on this. With that said, I am fairly confident that your testing accommodations will not be revealed to schools. If they are, rest assured that most, if not all dental programs have policies in place to discourage discrimination of this sort. You should be fine, especially given the nature of the accommodation requested.

I have applied for accommodations. Based on my research, dental schools will not know you took the DAT with accommodations or about your disability unless you tell them. We are protected under the Americans With Disabilities Act. I was advised by others here to not disclose this until you are in school and before you start your first semester. Check with ADA to make sure!