DAT this year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mut9ya

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that they are making the DAT harder starting this year?
Are all the test centers not giving out paper anymore?
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it true that they are making the DAT harder starting this year?
Are all the test centers not giving out paper anymore?
thanks.

Yep.. no more paper. If you have time, go to a test center and check out what the new pen and board look like. Than, go to a store and buy some laminated paper and dry erase pen and practice with it until your test day.
Good Luck!!!!

Yep.. no more paper. If you have time, go to a test center and check out what the new pen and board look like. Than, go to a store and buy some laminated paper and dry erase pen and practice with it until your test day.
Good Luck!!!!
hey now, this is the first i've heard of this....give me some more info please....

pen and board??? :confused:
do they give you a small white board and some dry erase pens??? hahahahahaha that's hilarious... why the change??? so odd....

Members don't see this ad :)
any1 know if they are making the questions harder? I heard they are getting rid of old questions because too many people knew them and put in some tougher ones.

come on they are not making them harder. why would they? get real just study hard and you will do fine

I didn't get a board; I got a pink laminated grid paper with black dry erase marker.

it's a yellow laminated thingy...not a whiteboard.

as for difficulty...i took the exam in August and retook in January. I can say with confidence that the sciences were much more difficult in general (especially bio) the 2nd time around. Not sure if it was just my version of the exam, luck of the draw that i found the questions difficult, etc... but i believe that the exam has been getting harder over time. Take a look at the practice ADA exam...it's a previous exam and it's a freakin joke.

but like another poster said...just study hard and you should break the 20 mark. so trueee

jb!:)

i love the fact they give you a board and markers... bc from pervious experience if you ran out of room it took forever to get another piece of paper. This way you can just erease and start over.

ive heard the questions are getting a little more difficult lately, but basically i think if you study hard and prepare well you will still do fine. i took it in august and got 24 AA and 26 TS, and its because i knew the stuff inside out. i used kaplan and topscore to lay the groundwork and Destroyer to tie up all the loose ends. i think anyone who uses all those resources and really makes sure to know everything inside out will do very well. good luck.