DAT time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaba

S.mutans
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What would be the latest date to take the DAT to still be in the 1st batch of applications in August? I don't want to run the risk of being late.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school. I took mine July 31st. I think I was a bit late for some schools, but OK for others. I don't think there's an exact date where you are then considered "late".The sooner you can take it (and do well) the better.

Depends on the school. I took mine July 31st. I think I was a bit late for some schools, but OK for others. I don't think there's an exact date where you are then considered "late".The sooner you can take it (and do well) the better.

Yup. Certain schools like Case and Nova hand out interviews pretty early, while others, like UCLA, don't even start reviewing applications until sometime in October.

Members don't see this ad :)
excellent, thanks.

I was wondering about the private schools primarily, since I am a Canadian student. What about Boston Univesrsity, Tufts, NYU etc.. Could I write the test on July 12th and still be safe?

Thanks

excellent, thanks.

I was wondering about the private schools primarily, since I am a Canadian student. What about Boston Univesrsity, Tufts, NYU etc.. Could I write the test on July 12th and still be safe?

Thanks

You should be OK. :)

excellent, thanks.

Thanks
Definitely.

Yup. Certain schools like Case and Nova hand out interviews pretty early, while others, like UCLA, don't even start reviewing applications until sometime in October.

Tufts doesn't begin to review applications until October. Before that they just collect the applications. Tufts really gets going around November with the interviews and hits high gear in Jan, Feb, and then March. Buffalo begins to review in August and begins interviews in mid-late September.

I think the disadvantage of private schools is that a lot of people want to go to an inexpensive school so if they grant interviews/acceptances early on. They may lose out on those candidates to state schools. Look at Tufts, this is probably why they delay the process for them. By starting late they are left with mostly candidates who have missed the boat with state schools and have no choice but to go to private schools. However Tufts is an excellent schools, they consider themselves to be the main competitor to UPenn.

I'm planning to take the DAT on July 20th. will that still consider to be early? I'll submit my application before June 1st. Thanks

I'm planning to take the DAT on July 20th. will that still consider to be early? I'll submit my application before June 1st. Thanks

That sounds good. :thumbup:

I took mine July 31st. I think I was a bit late for some schools, but OK for others
Could you list "schools" that think July 31st is late?
and other schools?

I took mine July 31st. I think I was a bit late for some schools, but OK for others
and other schools?
bump

Like I've mentioned previously, Case and Nova start early.

I don't think I am applying to either of those schools, but I am planning to take the DAT on July 31rst actually. I plan to submit AADSAS probably within the next 2 weeks, so is it ok to wait until July 31rst for the test.....I want to make sure i'm ready, its been a tough road and I need a good test score.

I don't think I am applying to either of those schools, but I am planning to take the DAT on July 31rst actually. I plan to submit AADSAS probably within the next 2 weeks, so is it ok to wait until July 31rst for the test.....I want to make sure i'm ready, its been a tough road and I need a good test score.

It's going to be fine. Good luck! :)

and other schools?
Case, Nova, Midwestern, and Creighton send out interview invites pretty early (for the schools I applied to). July 31st is by no means late though. You won't be in the first few interview pools in August/early Sept, but you'll still be early enough to be considered before the Dec 1st frenzy.

Case, Nova, Midwestern, and Creighton send out interview invites pretty early (for the schools I applied to). July 31st is by no means late though. You won't be in the first few interview pools in August/early Sept, but you'll still be early enough to be considered before the Dec 1st frenzy.

What about July 19th?

I took mine end of August. Worked out fine for me.