DAT timeline for applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rld216

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am submitting my AADSAS application before taking the DAT and I planned on taking the DAT by the end of July. Some things have changed and I'm probably going to have to postpone the exam to mid August. So by the time I complete the supplemental applications and the official DAT scores are attached to my application, I won't be applying until mid September. I know this isn't as late as what's allowed but is this considered late?

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So by the time I completed the supplemental applications and the official DAT scores are attached to my application I won't be applying until mid September.
You're doing this wrong. Submit the application now so you can receive supplementals from some schools and the only thing they will be waiting on is the DAT score. Submitting the entire thing in September is a huge mistake.

You're doing this wrong. Submit the application now so you can receive supplementals from some schools and the only thing they will be waiting on is the DAT score. Submitting the entire thing in September is a huge mistake.

Okay, that's good to know. Thank you! So if I submit everything now schools can send me supplementals before my DAT scores are attached? I know some schools don't have to send the supplementals and you find them on their pages but I thought they wouldn't even look to send me anything without my DAT scores being uploaded.

Also, if I do it this way, do my letters of recommendation have to be uploaded for them to send supplementals or can those be attached later?

Some schools have them online, some will send them to you when you submit the application, and some only send them to select candidates. They want the money so you don't need the DAT score in order to get them. Your letters of rec will need to be uploaded before you submit the application. So you will need those in before any supplemental.