DAT Timing Question For My Test Today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

customx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know we get 90 minutes combined for bio, gchem, and ochem. Are we able to move back and forth between sections? I don't expect bio to take more than 25 minutes, leaving me with about 65 minutes for the two chem sections. Once I finish chem, will I be able to go back to bio and check my answers before submitting?

Members don't see this ad.

I know we get 90 minutes combined for bio, gchem, and ochem. Are we able to move back and forth between sections? I don't expect bio to take more than 25 minutes, leaving me with about 65 minutes for the two chem sections. Once I finish chem, will I be able to go back to bio and check my answers before submitting?

You are free to move between sections within the time limit. However, if you didn't go through all 100 questions the first run through, you can only move through the sections one question at a time by clicking the Previous/Next button. After you have gone through all the questions however, you have the option to review all 100 questions because they provide you with the list of the 100 questions. They are shown as marked/unmarked and all you need to do is double click the question number to access the question.

Assuming I complete all 100, and then go back to review a question, how do I get the option again of being able to select any question? I'm just trying to figure out the layout and so I don't accidentally submit my answers when I want to review. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Assuming I complete all 100, and then go back to review a question, how do I get the option again of being able to select any question? I'm just trying to figure out the layout and so I don't accidentally submit my answers when I want to review. Thanks

A new box appears on the bottom of the screen called "review" (if i recall correctly). You can just click on that and it will get you back to the list of questions.