DAT timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SayitIsntSO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please clear up my confusion...This whole time I thought that having everything (AADSAS, extra fees per school, LORs) in besides my DAT would help me out. But now as I understand from "GRAD" 's thread, nobody will even look at my app. until my DAT is in, which makes sense. I am scheduled for the DAT Aug 8. So lets say my app. will be complete and at each school, DAT and all, by Sept 1. Will I be able to make the December 1 first acceptances? I am sorta concerned, b/c at that point (Sept. 1) I am sorta considered a late applicant, aren't I? Also, a lot of the schools I applied to are schools that fill up very fast (Case, UoP are close to filled by Dec 1 acceptances). Do you think Aug 8. is sorta too late to take the DAT since my app will be on hold until Sept 1? I would love to be accepted Dec 1 to avoid killing myself for my Dec finals :D

Members don't see this ad.

you will be cutting it pretty late, but no fear if not this year, then next...j/k

The sooner the better is the best motto. Having your app in early though does helkp more than sending everything in sept. RIGHT when your done with the DAT (the next hour) FAX your scores to every school you applied to. This will help your cause.

If you have good scores you can make the dec 1st deadline. I got in Dec 1st and took the DAT in mid Aug.

1992Corolla said:
you will be cutting it pretty late, but no fear if not this year, then next...j/k

The sooner the better is the best motto. Having your app in early though does helkp more than sending everything in sept. RIGHT when your done with the DAT (the next hour) FAX your scores to every school you applied to. This will help your cause.

If you have good scores you can make the dec 1st deadline. I got in Dec 1st and took the DAT in mid Aug.

1992 corolla, you are such a dorkface!!! of course earlier is better! I took my dat mid august last year and didn't have a problem, i found that schools looked at my application as soon as they got my aadsas, but not seriously until i submitted my dat scores. I got interviews in october and november but other schools put me off till december and january, so pretty much it depends on the school. -Hey Ben how's chicago-?