DAT Tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gidoc3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am just starting to gather study material and start preparing for the DAT. I was wondering if anyone could please give me some tips as to which materials are most helpful? I was considering the following:

DAT Bundle Royal Edition
DAT Destroyer Supreme

Also, in terms of a DAT prep course:
Kaplan vs. Orgoman?

TIA!! <3

Members don't see this ad.

My tip is: start reading posts in this forum :whistle:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Destroyer, Bootcamp, Qvault and Chad's videos. That's all you need. I feel like Kaplan has too many mixed reviews to warrant it's cost.

I agree with ThunderSplash. Although I didn't use Qvault, the others did the trick for me! I suggest focusing the first half of your studies to relearning and review material, then the next half practice with Bootcamp and work on timing. A pyramids height is limited by the size of its base, so build up your knowledge base before you start practicing. Good luck!

I agree with ThunderSplash. Although I didn't use Qvault, the others did the trick for me! I suggest focusing the first half of your studies to relearning and review material, then the next half practice with Bootcamp and work on timing. A pyramids height is limited by the size of its base, so build up your knowledge base before you start practicing. Good luck!
Love the analogy. What package for the DAT Destroyer do you suggest? I am thinking the full package, but is it necessary? I didn't do so well in Gen Chem...

Love the analogy. What package for the DAT Destroyer do you suggest? I am thinking the full package, but is it necessary? I didn't do so well in Gen Chem...
GC was my worst and I did fine with the original destroyer for GC. It has like ~300 problems. Plenty of practice. Math in the original book is lacking though so I suggest getting the package that has math destroyer.

Definitely get DAT destroyer and Math Destroyer. You said that you struggle with gen chem, in that case I have heard great things about the general chemistry destroyer. So I think it would be totally worth it. Good luck :)

Biology - Cliffs AP Bio 3rd edition, supplement with Feralis's notes which both can be easily found for free.
Math - DAT Destroyer and/or Math destroyer. I felt like Math destroyer was much more demoralizing than the sciences of DAT destroyer and believe theres a general consensus that the difficulty of QR on DAT is similar of DAT destroyer than Math Destroyer, regardless the practice will benefit you.
PAT - ??? I bought CrackDatPat, some people say its too easy, some same its similar to actual test, many say go with Bootcamp on this one.
Ochem/GenChem - Chad's videos + DAT destroyer. This combo is a must get, Chad sets down the foundation and destroyer forces you to apply the knowledge (notorious for being overkill).

Can't say much for Bootcamp since I didn't use it, but I would definitely buy it and simulate the test with it.

Just chiming in with others to say that Bootcamp, Cliff's AP Bio 3rd edition, Chad's videos, and Destroyer are great resources. I'm in the process of studying for the DAT myself, and I'm going to prepare with those materials for the most part. I've read so many breakdowns of people with scores of 21+ and there seemed to be an overlapping pattern of those common resources so those are my best recommendations!

Sometimes, I felt that Feralis notes were a little visually overstimulating (with increased margins and what looks to be 9pt font--sometimes my eyes would cross). I preferred using these flashcards:
https://quizlet.com/38689906/flashcards

It's word-for-word everything that is on Feralis notes. I would still read the notes just in case something is missing, but after doing these flashcards you can skim a little more and not feel so intimidated tackling that document. For me, I really thought DAT/Math Destroyer + Chad's were efficient for review, and I personally REALLY liked Crack DAT for QR, PAT, and RC. The science is severely lacking, however.