DAT tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dexadental

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First, just want to say good luck to everyone about to recieve acceptance letters, I'm counting on a few...::crosses fingers::

AA: 21
Reading Comp: 27
QR: 19
Gen Chem: 16
Orgo: 22
PAT: 18
Biology: 22 :)

Welp I retook the DAT yesterday after contemplating retaking it since my first sub par performance in June. Improved greatly in every section, especially QR...from a terrible score to a nice 19. Sorry if I'm gloating, I'm just extra excited now! I must say, I rocked it!!!! Maybe it was because I studied more (got DAT achiever...a definite must...also DAT professor, and ace the dat...had previously just done kaplan and topscore). I felt this would be better in the predental forum than in the DAT one, just gives a little more exposure. DAT achiever was way harder than the real PAT...but it prepares you, I scored an 18. DAT professor I feel is underestimated, it really prepares you well...
Overall I am extremeley happy with these scores, I can now get an interview here at UF! (made the QR cut off). YAY! I hopped in my car and floored it to the admissions office here, lol. Only went down in gen chem, but screw it! If only this could have happened the first time....

Welll thats enough gloating, good luck everyone this week! Nothing for me yet...

Members don't see this ad.

Good job! Glad to hear that you did better the second go-around.

Good luck!

Utes

Good job dexadental!

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL...yeah if only I could have had these scores before...a few of my applications were put on hold because I told the schools I was going to retake...so now I'm hoping for more interviews...I would really like one here at UF...
The second time around was so much better...alot of the problems on DAT achiever, professor, and ace the dat, with regard to QR, were almost exactly the same...just using different numbers...
Just goes to show that if you put enough time into this test, it can be done.

On a side note, I called PENN today to let them know and they said...great...but you'll probably be hearing something soon...:)

good job man! hard work always pays, eh? :)

Nice job dude!!! Those are some solid scores. I hope its happy news from UPenn. Good luck and hope to hear some good news from you. :thumbup: :thumbup:

congrads! hard work does pay off. I was just curious when is/was your UMDNJ interview?

Hard work pays off, good job Dexadental. I'll bet you feel like you are walking on cloud nine. CONGRATS!!!

dexadental,
did the schools that you interviewed at tell you that they were putting your app on hold? And how long did you study to improve your score ? Im retaking mine end of Dec. hope thats not too late

No, all the schools I had interviews didn't seem to care much about my DAT, I mean my AA was an 18, but that was only because of a poor QR score, which some schools, as people know, don't really care much about. I studied hardcore for my QR and PAT, and brushed up on everything else a few weeks before...so I'd say a solid month of studying, along with interviews, dealing with the admissions process, and HARD classes...very stressful. I'm just happy its over. Only Columbia and UF put my app on hold due to my DAT, they wanted to see my retake before going further...I guess I didn't make their cut off but now I've improved. I'm happy though with my interviews, and the schools that gave me the opportunity...I'm not too sure I'd like to go Columbia now that I think about it...I hope I see something good tomorrow!

dexadental said:
First, just want to say good luck to everyone about to recieve acceptance letters, I'm counting on a few...::crosses fingers::

AA: 21
Reading Comp: 27
QR: 19
Gen Chem: 16
Orgo: 22
PAT: 18
Biology: 22 :)

Welp I retook the DAT yesterday after contemplating retaking it since my first sub par performance in June. Improved greatly in every section, especially QR...from a terrible score to a nice 19. Sorry if I'm gloating, I'm just extra excited now! I must say, I rocked it!!!! Maybe it was because I studied more (got DAT achiever...a definite must...also DAT professor, and ace the dat...had previously just done kaplan and topscore). I felt this would be better in the predental forum than in the DAT one, just gives a little more exposure. DAT achiever was way harder than the real PAT...but it prepares you, I scored an 18. DAT professor I feel is underestimated, it really prepares you well...
Overall I am extremeley happy with these scores, I can now get an interview here at UF! (made the QR cut off). YAY! I hopped in my car and floored it to the admissions office here, lol. Only went down in gen chem, but screw it! If only this could have happened the first time....

Welll thats enough gloating, good luck everyone this week! Nothing for me yet...

dude, that is what the DAT forum is there for.

Thats true, however, the DAT forum is often overlooked, and this post is really there for the people who were in my position, in that their applications were set aside due to some cut offs schools have...this is just to let people know, there is hope! :)

Yea Dexadental! Awesome scores! I'm crossing my fingers that that golden acceptance from Penn comes through for you!