dat tomorrow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SunnyD0119

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
dat tomorrow-any last minute tips ???
im going to go over orgo and some classification tonight and math but other wise jsut take it easy only study ofr a couple of hours but we'll see

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, dont stress out too much, just get some good sleep and youll do fine, youve been studying a lot. let us know how you do. Good luck.

SunnyD0119 said:
im going to go over orgo and some classification tonight and math but other wise jsut take it easy only study ofr a couple of hours but we'll see

wish you the best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
all the best, you will be fine.Dont take more tension : :thumbup:

SunnyD0119 said:

Hey Sunny, I'm taking the DAT tomorrow too at 7:30 am!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

hey sunny... how much did u study when you had 2 weeks left, I have 2 weeks left till i take my DAT and i feel like i know all of it to do pretty well on it, and everytime i study, i just dont feel motivated... how many hrs a day did u study when u had 2 weeks left? and how did u study?

hey--we'll probably get the same test
lets hope its easy ahhah
well i mean i studied alot or at least i tried to....i was supposed to take it july 5th so i was studying pretty seriously for about a week before then (they messed up my name so i had to push it back) so i'd say for about two weeks then i've been takin tests and studyin pretty hard just re -reading kaplan books and going over my notes and reading some shaum's we'll see what happens tomorrow

PEN15 said:
Hey Sunny, I'm taking the DAT tomorrow too at 7:30 am!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Good luck on the DAT! Just remember that you are not defined by your score. I'm sure that you'll do great, but in case you don't get the exact score that you would have liked, remember that adcoms take much more into consideration than just your DAT score. If you blow the DAT out of the water don't let it go to your head. Best of luck to you! :thumbup:

haha sunny... im taking my DAT this saturday now.. moved it earlier cuz an earlier test date was available. :oops: lol....and i just wanted to get it over with... so here goes nothing. best of luck to you tommorrow!

Lostinbul said:
Good luck on the DAT! Just remember that you are not defined by your score. I'm sure that you'll do great, but in case you don't get the exact score that you would have liked, remember that adcoms take much more into consideration than just your DAT score. If you blow the DAT out of the water don't let it go to your head. Best of luck to you! :thumbup:

Hey thanks!

Well if I don't know the material by now I'm not going to know it for tomorrow so I'm going to work out, play some tennis.... and I should probably shave.. hahah

i think for today im just going to try to memorize some math formulas (unit circle distance and some volume equations) and go over gen chem just cuz i havent done it in a while
after that just chill time
i just hope i can pull an 18+ on both sections of this test

Members don't see this ad :)
this is what i did...we'll see if it payed off or not really soon
my first read of the kaplan book was slow and did only 2 chaps a day and took notes on them
it took about 2 weeks to read the whole book
then i read shaums bio--took notes in the margins
then re read kaplans book pretty quickly like a week to read the whole book again (you pick up alot more this way)
and then now i've been taking tests and trying to figure out math and for the past 3-4 days just reviewing stuff

Thanks for the response, Sunny. I've been studying the Kaplan subject tests and Natural Science integration tests pretty diligently and reread the Bio section last week. I'm actually going to read the Kaplan AP Bio review text in the next couple days.

I'm getting to a point now where I think I'm ready, but don't want to move my test date up from 7/25. Sheer fear!!

FCIllini said:
Thanks for the response, Sunny. I've been studying the Kaplan subject tests and Natural Science integration tests pretty diligently and reread the Bio section last week. I'm actually going to read the Kaplan AP Bio review text in the next couple days.

I'm getting to a point now where I think I'm ready, but don't want to move my test date up from 7/25. Sheer fear!!

haha i feel ya.... my test date was 7/27. but i moved it to 7/16 today since there was one available. I just want to get it over with and start having a life again. the way i studied was similar to Sunny's. It took me about 3 weeks to go over the bio in the kaplan, i went pretty slow and took notes. then for the last 2 weeks ive been rereading the whole book in one day and making sure i know everything. i rotated days on bio, then chem, then o chem. and now im just taking practice tests as well and going over them.

jhui said:
haha i feel ya.... my test date was 7/27. but i moved it to 7/16 today since there was one available. I just want to get it over with and start having a life again. the way i studied was similar to Sunny's. It took me about 3 weeks to go over the bio in the kaplan, i went pretty slow and took notes. then for the last 2 weeks ive been rereading the whole book in one day and making sure i know everything. i rotated days on bio, then chem, then o chem. and now im just taking practice tests as well and going over them.

I think I better get mine over with, because I meant to say that I'd be taking it tomorrow if I hadn't rescheduled it. Of course, that's when I thought it was Thursday today...I think I'm driving myself insane. :laugh:

mochafreak said:
I think I better get mine over with, because I meant to say that I'd be taking it tomorrow if I hadn't rescheduled it. Of course, that's when I thought it was Thursday today...I think I'm driving myself insane. :laugh:

hey mocha, goodluck!

mochafreak said:

You'll do fine. you've been studying at least 12 hours / day. best wishes.

make sure to get some sleep and don't get stressed out, good luck to everyone

Hey man good luck and remember to keep calm and take one question at a time. You can doooo it!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

SunnyD0119 said:
hey--we'll probably get the same test
lets hope its easy ahhah
well i mean i studied alot or at least i tried to....i was supposed to take it july 5th so i was studying pretty seriously for about a week before then (they messed up my name so i had to push it back) so i'd say for about two weeks then i've been takin tests and studyin pretty hard just re -reading kaplan books and going over my notes and reading some shaum's we'll see what happens tomorrow
Aww Sunny, GOOD LUCK TOMORROW and everyone else taking it also!!!!

and PLEASE let me know afterwards whether Kaplan helped you.. because I just took Kaplan and am going through the Review Book and stuff.. thanks!!

Just want to add to what cowsgomoo said.

Remember you can Do it but We can't help now becasue it is too late. jk. Good luck guys. Just keep your composure and you will do well. It's about staying calm when you don;t know one or two questions and do well on the ones you know. Don't let that few curve balls get you. Just focus and you guys will be fine.

ok im about to quit the studyin but i just had a question
did anyone see any buffer/ksp calculation type problems on the gen chem section like you know common ion effect stuff
that stuff is confusing to me and to work out the math is hard for me and i dont want that crap to show up hahah
thanks

SunnyD0119 said:
ok im about to quit the studyin but i just had a question
did anyone see any buffer/ksp calculation type problems on the gen chem section like you know common ion effect stuff
that stuff is confusing to me and to work out the math is hard for me and i dont want that crap to show up hahah
thanks

I didn’t have that type of gen chem question and I would think even if you get it to guess and move on as it takes too long to solve. Then if you have time at the end of the test go back and attempt it. Same with redox reactions you have to balance.

SunnyD0119 said:
hey Sunny! CONGRATULATIONS!! I knoww you took it today and those are pretty awesome scores! I'm assuming it all went pretty well? Care to share your experience? and your WHOLE studying strategy from the start? and also allll the practice exams you took.. which ones and how did they compare up to the real thing for you? hehe. :oops:

Bonkers29 said:
hey Sunny! CONGRATULATIONS!! I knoww you took it today and those are pretty awesome scores! I'm assuming it all went pretty well? Care to share your experience? and your WHOLE studying strategy from the start? and also allll the practice exams you took.. which ones and how did they compare up to the real thing for you? hehe. :oops:

Yes it went well with the selfish dude, he's been hounding people who took the DAT for specific questions, but is not willing to do the same after he took his.

Blackstars said:
Yes it went well with the selfish dude, he's been hounding people who took the DAT for specific questions, but is not willing to do the same after he took his.

man you're lame --try to remember exact questions after your dat
maybe you should think...he just took his dat give him a day to chill