DAT vs PCAT

Started by ksksks
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ksksks

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi people

I just a question for those who took both the DAT and PCAT.

I prepared for my DAT for the past couple of months, but I am also taking the PCAT in October or so.

What are some of the differences (other than the essay writing)? Please let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Kevin
 
Hi people

I just a question for those who took both the DAT and PCAT.

I prepared for my DAT for the past couple of months, but I am also taking the PCAT in October or so.

What are some of the differences (other than the essay writing)? Please let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Kevin

other than the essay the pcat is all multiple choice, just like DAT.

other than what you have mentioned, here are the other differences:
a) PCAT has a Vocab Section (consists of analgoies and setence completions, analogies being dog:bark::cat:? a) meow, b) moo, etc. and setence completion, being fill in the blank with a correct choice)

b) PCAT math has calculus (differentiation and integration)

c) each section is separate- not like the dat where you have chem+bio+math all together. the pcat doesn't allow you to go between sections. bio is 30min/48MCQ, chem is 30min/48MCQ and math is 40min/48MCQ

d) no Perceptual component to PCAT