DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Icu4real

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just took my dat 17/PAT 18/QR, 21/Bio, 20/RC, 20/GC, 18/Ochem 20/TS 19/AA.....Im thinking about retaking cause I’m worried about my pat, ochem and qr but I’m also scared I might do worse on the pat. I didn’t even think I’d get above 17 after I was done with the section. Don’t know what to do

Members don't see this ad.

I think a 19 and a 3.7 combined with good extracurriculars (100+ hours shadowing, 100+ volunteering) and a realistic list with 15 schools will be enough for you to get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea and I wouldnt worry too much about the PAT or QR section. I had a 16 qr and 18 PAT and still was able to get several interviews

I believe some schools may weigh GPA more than DAT. That said, some also weigh DAT higher than GPA. I suggest you look into the stats of the schools you hope to be able to attend and maybe make a decision about whether to retake according to that. $500 is worth spending to get into your dream school, especially if that school also happens to save you thousands in the future (like a state school likely would).

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations on completing your DAT, your scores are good and should be sufficient for most schools especially with your high GPA, BTW, what is your science GPA? I don't think it would necessary to retake your DAT unless these scores will not get you into the schools you desire. On a retake, you always run the risk of scoring lower in other sections. I would do the necessary research and even call schools with your stats, etc. Make sure you have a well written and thought out personal statement. A great personal statement can often be the door opener to an interview. Also, make sure the rest of your application is strong.

Wishing you the best!

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user