DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RioRMC

Reaction score
I just took my DAT and I am pretty proud. My math is the only thing dragging me down but my science is solid. I don think I want to retake but what do you guys think? I am also not going to apply to insane schools lol

PAT: 19
QR: 16 (IDK what happened)
Reading: 20
Biology: 22
Gen chem: 20
Organic chem: 18
TS:20
AA19

Total: AA: 19/ TS: 20/ PAT:19
GPA: 3.88

Members don't see this ad.

DAT is decent, a 19AA is about just under the average for matriculants, but you will probably be fine for at least one school if you apply to the right ones! Your GPA is solid, do you know your sci gpa? If that's close to your overall you're good. You may have some challenges with State schools as their AA averages are usually higher, but if you apply broadly enough you'll catch something, especially at a private school!

Congrats on your hard work, I thought the DAT was the hardest part of applying! If you fill out a formal WAMC's you could get some more feedback on your app and what schools may be best for you. Congrats!

My science GPA is about the same as my overall. Also what is the WAMC?

Good question! I see you're new to SDN. This is the link to the What Are My Chances (WAMC's) Thread page where you can make a new thread, if you'd like feedback on your future application, which I also did and It was very helpful but it's not a requirement to be on SDN. But if you want to make one, first take a look at this template for the thread and add in the details based on your application. it gives us a better idea of who you are as an applicant. The link for the template can be found here.

If you have any more questions you can reply to this thread or PM me, I'd be glad to help! Welcome to SDN!