Dat ??

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by LIDO, Apr 12, 2007.

1. LIDO

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    What is an Achiever SNS practice test? Sorry just read a post and wanted to clear it up.

Also what DAT prep test do most people use in order to prepare for the real gig?

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Toothfairy08

Toothfairy08 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    DAT Achiever is a downloadable program with practice tests for the DAT. "SNS" would indicate that it is a Survey of Natural Sciences practice test.

I used the Kaplan book (which comes with a CD) for the majority of my studying. I read and made notecards from the entire bio and chem sections and practiced the math sections that I had forgotten. I also read the PAT section but mostly only did PATs from practice tests. I had just recently finished OChem I and II at the time, so I really didn't study at all for this section except for reviewing the basic rxns. I thought Kaplan was pretty good for most of my studying needs.

Aside from Kaplan, I also used DAT Achiever (challenging practice tests but worth it) and Barron's (full of errors-would not recommend!).

Hope this helps! Good luck!

4. LIDO

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If one has been preparing for the MCAT (bio, gen chem, orgo) is it totally sufficient for the DAT?

5. blasterx

2+ Year Member

6. LIDO

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    mmm def not a thumbs down.....I wont lie....I am torn between two things I enjoy very much.

I am competitive....3.95 overall and science....along with tons of extra things.

The dental vs medical debate has been going on for over a year and I do not have much time to decide.....action must happen in the next month.

So I am preparing for the mcat, debating to just take the dat, considering applying to Case and their dual program...........so how about you give me an honest answer instead of showing your thumb. God knows where your thumb has been before.

Thank you pre-dents who actually reply with some concern.....and possible similar feeling that you have battled in the past.

ps: I have shadowed both......a total shadowing of about 400 hours in the medical field. Maybe I know too much about the professions.....confusing but honesty.